Issue 60 big ups

Home Forum Bike Forum Issue 60 big ups

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Issue 60 big ups
  • Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

aye but where is my subs copy ❓

lipseal

And mine πŸ™„

Nig E5
    Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

meh, I cancelled subs as it used to turn up a week late, then we missed one. Easier to look int' shop an decide if I want this one or not. And faster.

Funnily enough I was only thinking earlier that it seemed like a while before I eagerly removed a fresh magazine from the plastic envelope whilst moving gingerly towards my kitchen bin, before thumbing through it and dropping it straight in there all in one fluid movement, so knew it must be about time for a new copy.

Tracker1972

Mine arrived today, still wrapped though, was out actually riding my bike for a bit for a change πŸ™‚

wors

Have to agree, thought the last 2 or 3 have been good imo

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Yup like it too, looking forward to reading more thorough tomorrow when house is empty.

Coasting

I know theres been a lot or debate lately on this forum about the quality and contents of some of the recent Singletrack mags.I guess some of the critisism has been justifiable to some.Having just read issue 60 i would just like to say i think its one of the best mags from any publisher that i have read for a long time and would like to congratulate the crew on an excellent read.

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

mine arrived very happy now thanks

sv

What's that they say about a picture painting a thousand words – well the STW ones certainly take up the space of thousands in each article. Plus all those ads, by the end if it there isn't much writing. This is the end of my moaning about STW!

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

i read it in WHSmiths earlier. thoroughly underwhelmed.

topangarider

Only been flicking through lightly, but seems pretty good to me. Think there's a few big articles, then find some sneaky small ones hidden in there.

Liking no 60.

Please don't ever do a kneepad review again! leave it to MBUK.

Premier Icon chain distraction
    Subscriber

I thought that kneepad review was quite interesting – didn't realise there was so much difference in the level of protection between models or that after a few good hits some pads don't seem to give anywhere near the same protection. Choice of pads was a bit rubbish tho… Enjoying issue 60

Premier Icon maxray
    Subscriber

Oh ye gods do yous never stop bloody moaning?! Close the door on your way out and enjoy mbuk… I for one am very happy. Yet another positive thread spoilt by wingers..

Premier Icon speaker2animals
    Subscriber

Well as I pay my subs I think I am entitled to moan/critique the mag.

Inconsistent IMHO.

No 60 isn't bad, 59 I hardly picked up.

Maybe 4 times a year is really the "best" the mag can do. But then advert revenue would drop. I'm not slagging the team off. But ST has become very Valley centric IMO. In much the way that MBR is 6 inch only plus to qualify as an MTB, ST seems to be getting quite niche. Even though that niche is more applicable to me than MBR/MBUK

Premier Icon clareymorris
    Subscriber

Page 96…………thats all you need to know πŸ˜€

sheldona

Not read it yet but I don't like the photo in the back of that fat bloke craming in Jaffa Cakes!

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

All those ads?

Find another high street mag that has less than 35% ads – That's our self imposed limit.

Premier Icon yoshimi
    Subscriber

Ive only had a quick flip through but looks pretty good to me. I read Binners contribution which I enjoyed and found interesting. Not checked out p96 yet but will πŸ™‚

Edit:
    Just expanding on the Binners point – I like the fact that people that I 'know', well people I think I sort of know from their forum personas are given the chance to appear in the mag. Singletrack is a very different mag from most of the others out there, not better or worse just different, a difference I enjoy.

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

Checked out p96 on the way to work this morning. Nice pic!

Second the OP view – excellent read so far. Particularly enjoyed the dog article, also Binners' inspirational one. Oh yes, and the British Steel one.

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

Have read two things so far:

binners's article – ace. Will be my saving grace over the next year or so.

Steve Makin's diary – excellent. Have been considering doing something similar myself.

So, that's a thumbs up so far.

But ST has become very Valley centric IMO

I think it always has been. It's just that you notice it more.

Well I like it.

Nice reviews, nice articles. nice pics. Only had a quick thumb through, but looking forward to a ST session later.

Was very surprised to see my question answered in the fitness section too – completely forgot about that!

Premier Icon firestarter
    Subscriber

Ayatollahofniche – Member

Not read it yet but I don't like the photo in the back of that fat bloke craming in Jaffa Cakes!

the flash light seemed to reflect the jaffa filling colour to your hair πŸ˜‰

clubber

I liked the Peruvian articule. I haven't read what looks like yet another bothy/trip article – will do but have fears that it'll be more of the same.

One thing that's really started to grate with me is the 'persona' thing in the bike reviews – I mean they're just BS aren't they – they tell you nothing about the bike IMO, only what the reviewer thinks is somehow funny – how does 'Jam Roly-poly' tell me anything at all about the Cotic?! The reviews of the Brit bikes themselves were actually quite good though.

The Finale article looks like it'll be worth the read.

One of the better Ferrentino articles too – probably because it's something I very much agree with…

GregMay

Have enjoyed issue 60 myself!

If you don't like it, then don't pick it up and read it.

Sure the cooler folk among us will be off at MBUK land anyway.

I'll stick to my mountain biking not flouncing about looking like one.

GaryLake

I liked the Slackers article – found myself agreeing with that in a big way and been thinking that same thing for a while!

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

I mean they're just BS aren't they

Yes. Yes they are πŸ™‚

clubber

But they're not even funny BS which they could be!

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

But they make us smile

πŸ™‚

clubber

Fair enough – your mag, your in jokes but…

Mattie_H

They make me smile too. Can they stay please?

Great magazine as always btw.

Trimix

I like it, but if I didnt I would not moan about it. I would buy something else or start my own mag.

I dont think paying for it gives you any 'rights' – you just paid to read what the editors says, not paid to tell them what you think or what you would like.

All these people claiming 'rights' make me laugh.

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

Calm down calm down πŸ™‚
    It's feedback. It helps

Trimix

Ha, actualy making it more personal / local / specific is what makes it stand out. Its not for the mass market, its for fanatics. Dont dilute it by broadening it. There you go, some feed back.

clubber

I see no one claiming rights in this thread πŸ™‚

I read it, I generally like it. Some of it I don't think is so good so I make comment. That's not really moaning is it. If enough people agree with me and comment too then Mark et al may consider changing it (or not – see above πŸ˜‰ ). Seems sensible to me.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Issue 60 big ups’ is closed to new replies.