Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Issue 144 : Excess baggage
  • singletrackmag
    Free Member

Nils takes an unusual packing list to the mountains for an overnight adventure. Words & photography Nils Amelinckx I fumbled around in the last of …

By singletrackmag

Get the full story on our front page at:

Issue 144 : Excess baggage

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

blokeuptheroad

Thank you for this. This was inspirational and humbling. I’ve had a few health issues and personal knockbacks recently which have put me in a bit of a dark place and stopped me riding but they are trivial compared to what Nils is dealing with. This really struck a chord and gave me a virtual kick up the arse to stop moping and get out.

I have vowed to drag my bike out in the next few days and whilst it will only be a local bimble in the woods, I know it will feel epic.

Sandwich

Inspiring stuff Nils. I hope that there are many more adventures in store for you.

weeksy

Couldn’t approve of this story any more than i do… awesome !!!! Keep riding !

garburn
    Free Member

I have vowed to drag my bike out in the next few days and whilst it will only be a local bimble in the woods, I know it will feel epic.

That’s great to hear. I had a similar wake-up call when Andy McKenna was talking about him riding through his MS diagnosis at Kendal Mountain Festival when I was 6 months into my first round of treatment. I thought heck I shouldn’t let this illness dictate how I am going to live my life and got back on the bike. It’s the best thing I did.

Nils

garburn
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind words!

kayak23

Great article to read, interesting, funny and very inspiring stuff. Having the will to overcome your obstacles like that really is impressive.
    Sounds like a cracking ride.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.