Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Issue 144 Editorial : No More Crashing?
  • chipps

Estimated reading time: 4 minutes On floors, that is… but why not? I’ve been a serial chancer/cheapskate/ ‘economic lifestyle enthusiast’ for yea …

By chipps

Get the full story on our front page at:

Issue 144 Editorial : No More Crashing?

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

sharkattack

I’d love to be out there hitch hiking and sofa surfing and riding strange places but sadly I only had a small sniff of it when I was a lot younger. Now I’m stuck in an office from Monday to Friday and if I phone up to say I’m sleeping in a strangers caravan in Utah I’d be swiftly unemployed.

imrobert

Could a sofa surfing / cheap rentals section be a feature for the forum? For payed up ID’d members ?

b33k34

And there was I thinking this was some new miracle piece of kit for the bike that would prevent rider hitting inanimate objects/ground.

Damn.

We always offer new friends a place to stay if they need it, and it’s always meant. But I wonder if the challenge for a lot of people (both offering and taking up offers) is the innate Britsh sense of performative politeness (see https://greatbritishmag.co.uk/uk-culture/what-the-british-say-and-what-they-actually-mean/)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve done it a reasonable number of times, a particular shoutout to @ivnickkate who answered his phone at about 9:30 in the evening on a very wet day after presumably joking I could sleep in his shed if I was passing then presumably had to explain to his wife and kids why there was a bearded tramp staying the night 🤣.

It was a very comfortable (and dry!) shed and a decent cup of coffee.

sharkattack

Could a sofa surfing / cheap rentals section be a feature for the forum? For payed up ID’d members ?

That would be good. I don’t have any mates in exotic places which would be the only way I could afford to visit them. Do we have any members in BC, PNW or Cali?

I can offer a spare room and garage/workshop in central Sheffield.

duncancallum

Stw version of warn showers…

TEPID showers?

ivnickkate
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon Hahaha you’re welcome, yes I was almost sleeping in the dog-house 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.