Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Issue 142 Interview: Going Downhill
  • singletrackmag
    Free Member

Steve Chapman chats to the unassuming Pearces who have shaped UK downhill racing. Words Steve Chapman Photography As Credited If you look at the mover …

By singletrackmag

Get the full story on our front page at:

Issue 142 Interview: Going Downhill

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

kayak23

That’s brilliant.
    The Pearces are just absolute legends.
    I never actually raced a Pearce race as racing wasn’t my thing, but I did loads of the uplift days.
    Used to particularly look forward to the Christmas uplifts inbetween Christmas and New Year. Such a great atmosphere.

The Pearce uplifts were pretty much the best around, long before the likes of Bikepark Wales came on the scene.

I remember those crazy double-decker trailers well, a few times everyone having to get out on particularly steep and greasy parts of the uplift track! 😂
    Incredible that those Landys used to haul so many riders and their bikes.

I still ride all the venues when I can and they’re such iconic tracks. Just brilliant to have people like that involved in the sport.

steveh

The sport of downhill in the UK would be in a very different place if it wasn’t for the Pearce’s. Some of the nicest folk you’ll ever meet who work very hard to make their races, uplifts and shop the best around.
    20 years since I first went to something they did and they still have the slickest organisation and best atmosphere around.

chiefgrooveguru

Great interview (and based on what I’ve read in the last hour, great issue of the mag!)

But I have to ask, is it “Lyndsey” or “Lindsey”? In the intro and outro paragraphs it’s written four times in one spelling and four times in the other!

stuckinonegear

That is very annoying! It’s 100% Lindsey 😂 I appear to be the victim of auto-correct and just haven’t noticed 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’ve only known Lindsey 20 something years 🤦‍♂️

weeksy

We’ve got our first Pearce in 6 weeks time at Rhyd y Felin.

Don’t know if stw fancy it, but how about a follow on article of my lads day racing U14s with Pearce?

@singletrackmag

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.