Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 373 total)
  • Israel's Netanyahu sparks uproar by suggesting WWII-era Palestinian leader inspi
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Watch out chewkw!! With jhj and jambas down, you will be the only target left.

He may be, if you weren’t the only one still bothering to read his posts! 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

nim – Member
    Watch a little of the UK’s Colonel Kemp’s views on the matter.

“I believe that on the basis of everything that I’ve seen, that everything the IDF does to protect civilians and to stop the death of innocent civilians is a great deal more than any other army, and it’s more than the British and the American armies.”

Aye I remember the RAF incursions in to west Belfast well, along with the complete blockade of the Bogside! 😆

Not relevant? Of course it is. Half the problem with people is they view this as 2 warring states rather than was it really is, an utter bit of a mess of domestic policy.

isto
    Free Member

The IRA were infinitely more effective than the PLO, Hamas et al, yet the British somehow managed to avoid bombing Irish children with white phosphorus.

I feel while you can draw some comparisons between the political agendas it is futile comparing the methods used and how effective they were. The IRA did not have the ability to fire missiles and I doubt Hamas will ever be considerate enough to give Israeli citizens a ten minute warning.

Whilst the IRA at the time were supposedly the most organised terrorist organisation in the world developments since make them look like a bunch of thugs.

gonzy
    Free Member

People should really stop ‘debating’ with jambalaya. I’m trying to stop reading his posts (already gave up on chewkw’s a long time ago but they are longer and easier to spot).

I know it’s tempting to call jambalaya out on his routine fallacious arguments and biased nonsense but it’s utterly pointless. Rational arguments don’t work against someone with such monumental faith in how right they are about everything.

i try to do this but i find it hard especially as most of his posts begin with “@Gonzy”
    as for Chewkw…even though he denies it, i think he lives under a bridge and likes goats…(in reference to this particular thread anyway)

As for what Zionism is, self determination in the ancestral homeland which has gone from once being a pipe dream to now being the State of Israel.

so if they came over here claiming the UK to be their ancestral home and that they had a god given right, and you ended up being kicked out of your home to make way for them….you’d be happy with that would you?

gonzy
    Free Member

Easier just to pass on to discuss the Gregg’s menu.

is it me or have the pasties in Greggs got smaller?

seosamh77
    Free Member

isto – Member
    The IRA were infinitely more effective than the PLO, Hamas et al, yet the British somehow managed to avoid bombing Irish children with white phosphorus.
    I feel while you can draw some comparisons between the political agendas it is futile comparing the methods used and how effective they were. The IRA did not have the ability to fire missiles and I doubt Hamas will ever be considerate enough to give Israeli citizens a ten minute warning.

Whilst the IRA at the time were supposedly the most organised terrorist organisation in the world developments since make them look like a bunch of thugs.

The IRA had rocket launchers and mortars and Possibly some SAM missiles as well, but never used the latter if they did have them.

I agree direct comparisons are a bit futile though, but there are some you can make. They are wildly different conflicts though.

chewkw
    Free Member

seosamh77 – Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Watch out chewkw!! With jhj and jambas down, you will be the only target left.

He may be, if you weren’t the only one still bothering to read his posts! [/quote]

Admit it you lot like the free entertainment I have provided for you. You know you do and I certainly get good entertainment here with all sort of weirdos arguing for the ZM die hard views. Consider yourself lucky I have not charged you for fees for my entertainment efforts.

gonzy – Member

Easier just to pass on to discuss the Gregg’s menu.

is it me or have the pasties in Greggs got smaller? [/quote]

What’s wrong with Greggs?

Are you the kind of Jamie Oliver crusader that keep banging on about eating healthy and blaming others for you being fat yourself? Stuffing your face then blame the entire world for your own face stuffing activities?

I love Greggs and I do buy from them.
    I am offended if the food is not full of lard. I love fish & chips me …
    Size of pasty remains the same … only fools want to reduce the pasty size to cut his/her fatty weight. I mean eat less and you should loose weight so cutting pasty size?
    Are you trying to ban Greggs?
    Are you saying they are unhealthy?
    Are you trying to educate me on what’s healthy and what’s not?

Can you cook? 🙄

grum
    Free Member

It’s actually quite easy THM – I see the username chewkw and just keep scrolling. Sometimes I accidentally read the first couple of lines. It’s a new thing with jambalaya but I’m getting there.

It’s a shame mefty doesn’t post on these threads much as I think he is actually the only conservative voice on STW who comes across as a reasonable person. Make of that what you will.

chewkw
    Free Member

grum – Member
    It’s actually quite easy THM – I see the username chewkw and just keep scrolling.

No, you did not. You read my comments secretly …

I feel like secretly you are getting some high from reading my comments a bit like reading dirty mags … 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Make of that what you will.

😉 very subtle – ok moderately subtle 😉

gonzy
    Free Member

I have not charged you for fees for my entertainment efforts.

i wouldn’t pay if you did

What’s wrong with Greggs?

Are you the kind of Jamie Oliver crusader that keep banging on about eating healthy and blaming others for you being fat yourself? Stuffing your face then blame the entire world for your own face stuffing activities?

I love Greggs and I do buy from them.
    I am offended if the food is not full of lard. I love fish & chips me …
    Size of pasty remains the same … only fools want to reduce the pasty size to cut his/her fatty weight. I mean eat less and you should loose weight so cutting pasty size?
    Are you trying to ban Greggs?
    Are you saying they are unhealthy?
    Are you trying to educate me on what’s healthy and what’s not?

Can you cook?

look, a goat is approaching….you better get back under your bridge

chewkw
    Free Member

gonzy – Member

I have not charged you for fees for my entertainment efforts

i wouldn’t pay if you did[/quote]
    Ya right, you want everything free don’t you?
    You have the right (always think of self entitlement) to have them free don’t you?
    You are tight aren’t you?
    See …

look, a goat is approaching….you better get back under your bridge

Do you actually know how to cook properly?
    Very simple where do you get goat meat? 🙄

gonzy
    Free Member

See …

ermmm….no.

you are not very funny at all

konabunny
    Free Member

Watch a little of the UK’s Colonel Kemp’s views on the matter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l5Ifb5Gp1s

Just because he made that programme on squaddies in Afghanistan, it doesn’t mean he’s qualified to talk about military strategy. Tbh everything he’s done since eastenders has been rubbish

jambalaya
    Free Member

@gonzy, I confess I’m still uncertain, so here are my answers

Are you saying you hate Jews because of their occupation (I use the world loosely) of Palestine?

I don’t think you hate Jews. I don’t either.

Do you have any beef with the Arab governments who instead of accepting the 1947 UN partition plan swore to wipe Israel off the map, fpand fought three wars trying to do so, before abandoning the Palestinians to their fate?

Yes I certainly have a beef with the governments of Egypt, Syria, Jordan in the 1947-1970’s who fought wars to obliterate Isreal. However in Jordan and Egypt you have countries who signed a peace and moved on although Jordan only relinquished its claims to the West Bank in 1990’s. Both Egypt and Jordan have suffered terrorist attacks from Palestinians. Even Assad/Syria who long supported Palestine has found itself attacked by refugees living in Allepo.

@grum, yiu are free to do as you please but my views reflect those in power in the West so ignore my points of view but don’t then decry government policy as being out of touch or inexplicable when you’ve chosen to ignore a different point of view.

If anyone did bother to read the crisis.org report it points out that further violent conflict is inevitable not least due to conflict between different Palestinian factions. On a similar note ViceNews has a piece today on how Hamas is calling for an intifada but that violence should take place in the West Bank and not in Gaza which can ill afford further violence. Also piece notes the number of rocket attacks in past few months and a trend towards these coming from IS factions within Gaza

Vice News

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tmh rumours of my demise are exaggerated

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wasn’t suggesting that 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

but my views reflect those in power in the West so ignore my points of view but don’t then…

And off you go again. Honestly, it’s actually getting funny now 😆 (and not in a good way).

chewkw
    Free Member

gonzy – Member

See …

ermmm….no.
    you are not very funny at al[/quote]

I see … now I am not funny … 😆

I am funny that’s why I am here to provide everyone with some sort of entertainment … you guys are tight. Ouch! Tight!

jambalaya – Member
    I don’t think you hate Jews. I don’t either.

Yes, I don’t hate them nor the Palestine so they are most welcome to destroy or love each other as much as they like, their choice. Nothing to do with me coz that piece of land is just sand. Desert! They are fighting over sand …

Then we find our lot here trying to join in the fun to support the cause of fighting for desert sand … 😯

FFS! Our lot here are trying to fight over the desert sand in a place far far away not even related to them … 😯

Then calling themselves Friends of this or that … C’mon! If that is not funny I don’t know what is. What Friends of desert sand? Ya, sand. 😆

We are Friends of Sand on the West side and we are enemy of Friends of Sand on the East side … 😆

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Just because he made that programme on squaddies in Afghanistan, it doesn’t mean he’s qualified to talk about military strategy. Tbh everything he’s done since eastenders has been rubbish

Random snippet of the day… Ross Kemp used to be married to Rebekah Brooks (Wade) (when she would’ve been Rebekah Kemp)

Pretty incestuous those media types, like the previous mention of James Murdoch’s role at Vice…

konabunny
    Free Member

Even Assad/Syria who long supported Palestine has found itself attacked by refugees living in Allepo.

This is another classic jambalaya line because:

1) having just slagged off Arab countries that ineffectually fought wars against Israel and refused to recognise it, he then says that Syria (which is exactly one of those countries!) “supported Palestine” – despite it not giving Palestinians citizenship and achieving absolutely sod all for the Palestinians!

2) it is entirely backwards: the Palestnian enclave militias in Syria have been some of the last loyalists of the Assad regime

3) it suggests that attacking the Assad regime (responsible for those awful things against Israel that he just criticised) is a bad thing!

How many irreconcilable thoughts can one man hold?

gonzy
    Free Member

@Jambalaya
    i’ll rephrase the 2 questions to you as reading back it didnt make sense to me what i had paraphrased to you…
    i was asked if i hated Jews….i said no to this and explained why
    i was asked if i had beef with the surrounding Arab nations for effectively leaving the Palestinians with virtually no support…i stated yes and gave my reasons.

what i should have asked you, on the flipside, was seeing as you are advocating the Israeli perspective…
    do you hate Muslims?
    do you have beef with the Israeli government? over the way it has, since 1947, continued to illegally land grab Palestinian territory and forcibly displace the Palestinian population, how it has treated the Palestinian population since 1947 by violating their basic human rights and applies an apartheid policy in its treatment of the Palestinians, how it acts with impunity when reacting to Palestinian resistance (justified or not) and the levels of violence in its responses…i could go on but you catch my drift

jambalaya
    Free Member

Got it.

No I don’t hate Muslims. I do think the politics of the region are very difficult and I think aspects of the culture and religion make our idea of a western style democracy very difficult

Do I think Isreal has done some things I find difficult to accept, yes. However Isreal is facing a situation we can’t really appreciate surrounded by countries who where very hostile towards it. It is a generally held view amongst Jews that they have been very naive in the past accepting assurances from governments to their safety. Now many chose to trust only their own government and their is certainly very little to zero trust of Palestinians. As far as “land grab” Isreal fought wars against Jordan and Egypt and won so that land is now theirs, full-stop. I do not subscribe to the view that post a war borders return to how they where. Palestinians where offered Isreali citizenship and declined it and the restrictions on their movements are an Isreali to continual attacks.

The current round if attacks will lead to further restrictions and I’ve no doubt further settlement building. Isreal is sending the message that the more we are attacked the further away from your objectives you will be.thats pretty tough responce in my opinion but I am not faced with the daily reality of violence and rocket attacks.

Isreali Arabs have some of the highest standards of living of any Arabs in the Middle East and live in greater security in a western style democracy. I appreciate its not the perfect solution for them but they are a whole lot better off that the majority.

gonzy
    Free Member

As far as “land grab” Isreal fought wars against Jordan and Egypt and won so that land is now theirs, full-stop. I do not subscribe to the view that post a war borders return to how they where.

so can you explain who Israel has fought to steal the land that they have as shown in the image below?

Palestinians where offered Israeli citizenship and declined it and the restrictions on their movements are an Israeli to continual attacks.

so you steal their land and then tell them to assimilate and when they refuse you think its justified to pen them into a tiny scrap of land and build a wall around them and tell them they cannot leave without permission. you then restrict food, water medication supplies as well as supplies to support the basic infrastructure of the place. lets not forget what the Israeli government calls controlled calorific diet for the Palestinians…basically they decide how much a Palestinian needs to survive…all this because they refuse to bow down to zionist rule??

The current round if attacks will lead to further restrictions and I’ve no doubt further settlement building. Isreal is sending the message that the more we are attacked the further away from your objectives you will be.thats pretty tough responce in my opinion but I am not faced with the daily reality of violence and rocket attacks.

so basically if a Palestinian stabs one Israeli then Israel is within its rights to steal more Palestinian land, displacing more Palestinians in order to build more Israeli settlements?

I am not faced with the daily reality of violence and rocket attacks

people get stabbed in London but you dont see the Met Police going round kicking people out of their houses and demolishing them to replace them with more houses for others, you dont see the Met Police or the army blowing up homes, schools and hospitals and killing innocent civilians in the process do you?
    as for the rockets, i know you’ll spout of the usual unconfirmed Israeli statistics stating how many rockets have been fired at Israel but you know as well as i do hardly any get through Iron Dome and those that do either land off target or do little or no damage…and the Israeli response to this is massively disproportionate.

Isreali Arabs have some of the highest standards of living of any Arabs in the Middle East and live in greater security in a western style democracy. I appreciate its not the perfect solution for them but they are a whole lot better off that the majority.

joke of the week!!

i think this is the point where i no longer respond to the utter bollocks you come out with. i’ve watched you get pilloried by others for your arrogant support for Israel and i thought i’d give you an opportunity to try and show that you can be critical of those you support but all you have done is dig yourself in deeper by still claiming that while Israel might have been a little naughty effectively its the Palestinians fault and that the world must accept what Israel does with no room for any criticism.

i cant tell where your mouth ends and your arse begins as the crap that comes out is the same

DrJ

i cant tell where your mouth ends and your arse begins as the crap that comes out is the same

Gonzy hereby wins the internets.

gonzy
    Free Member

Gonzy hereby wins the internets.

thank you!!

😆
    😉

ninfan
    Free Member

so you steal their land

Arguably they won it fair and square when the Arabs repeatedly tried, and failed, to wipe them off the map.

To the victor belong the spoils and all that.

DrJ

That doesn’t account for the 67-2012 difference, does it?

To the victor belong the spoils and all that.

“Might makes right”

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Isn’t it a bit too much of a rigged game to be considered fair and square?

‘I have a bulldozer, you don’t, hop it, or else’

and of course…

How come Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Obama keeps supplying billions of dollars of military aid to Israel, even when the US government goes into shutdown due to financial shortfalls?

gonzy
    Free Member

ninfan is another that falls into this category…i sometimes wonder if he and Jambalaya are the same person with two user profiles on here to try and make his ridiculous views seem popular and acceptable

chewkw
    Free Member

I see you coming … Remember I told you so and you heard this from me here.

Once the Palestinian land sand is completely assimilated i.e. no more Palestinian land sand whatever, I can bet you that those who oppose Israel on STW as Friends of this and that … will jump on the bandwagon of whoever that want to go to war with Israel. They will even support the Iranian in obliterating Israel because they can justify their reasons (typical twisting of tongues) that all of them are Zionists. Yes, they will.

They keep saying they only hate the Zionists whatever but deep down they just hate the entire entity that is Israel including the people who live there. Yes, you do. You just pretend that you like the people but hate the Zionists or Zionists state. It is like you are trying not to be racist or something … 🙄

Let me help you decide. Very simple give the land or sand to Israel and then start a major war to obliterate them as in final solution via the help of Iran etc to take back the entire piece of sand.

What’s with this shite about how many states solution? That’s is not going to happen. One side must be obliterate.

Then you can convert all the Palestinian to your leftie cause by asking them to raise your red flag … oh hang on the minute … you are non-believer so instead you either convert of head off you infidel. The world is created by God … not you lot infidel lefties. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

yiu are free to do as you please but my views reflect those in power in the West.

FFS Both Kona and i are explaining to you why an appeal to authority is fallacious

It doesn’t make you correct and it certainly does not make your factually incorrect statements – the ones you keep ignoring true

this is why, an increasing number of folk, think its pointless to engage with you.Appeals to authority are fallacious thinking and they prove nothing. Granted in this case they prove your obstinate stupidity as you keep doing something everyone knows is wrong thinking. Then again this was not in doubt

Please learn about an appeal to authority is false at least you will look like like an obstinate and willfully stupid individual and you wouldn’t want that would you

ninfan is another that falls into this category.

To be fair he knows he is challenging normal views and making some statements he agrees with and some he does not in order to be a devils advocate/defend the indefensible. I am sure he believes some of what he writes but i am not sure how much [ not meant as an insult]
    Jambay really does believe what he says and thinks it make sense even when wrongly blaming Hammas for a peace failing they never took part in ans the Israeli PM admitted it was his doing

DrJ

I assumed it was the other way around, and that Barack Obama and co are calling Jamba before they decide anything, to make sure their decisions are 100% correct.

chewkw
    Free Member

Why are you lot worrying about a piece of land / sand in far far away place as if it is your back garden? 😯

gonzy
    Free Member

ninfan is another that falls into this category.

To be fair he knows he is challenging normal views and making some statements he agrees with and some he does not in order to be a devils advocate/defend the indefensible.

OK JY i’ll take your word for it….maybe i was making the assumption based on what he has said in other threads as well.
    so i’ll amend my statement as follows:

ninfan is one that is close to falling into this category.

chewkw
    Free Member

So you lot are categorising others now? 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Do we get badges?

Pigface
    Free Member

Can I just point out to Chewkw that it isn’t all sand. You seem fixated on this sand. Not sure you are trying to be clever or funny or something else entirely.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Can anyone give an exact date for when colonialism stopped?

(after the genocides in the Americas, Africa, Australia etc)

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Do I think Isreal has done some things I find difficult to accept, yes.

But somehow you manage to anyway 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 373 total)

The topic ‘Israel's Netanyahu sparks uproar by suggesting WWII-era Palestinian leader inspi’ is closed to new replies.