Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iSpec EV and connecting non Shimano dropper levers etc
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got a new build coming together and it has M8120 4pot XT brakes.

I quite like Reverbs (never had a bad one in seven years) but could be tempted by a OneUp also. I want ideally to mount the dropper lever under the brake lever on the same band.

iSpec EV seems to have thrown a spanner in the works of everyone’s adaptors and the ones I have seen are aimed at EV shift pod to iSpec2 brake.

Anyone know of anything I’ve missed?

pigyn
    Free Member

Both those levers fit on SRAM MMX mounts, so anything that is an ispec EV to MMX adapter will work. The OneUp lever can be bought as an ispec EV fit, but at the moment it sits the lever quite far under the bar. How much of a pain that is depends on how flat your brake levers are. Shimano changed the lever design between XTR and XT/SLX, they used to have a bigger slot (oooh err).

You could use the same kit to fit a Reverb 1x lever, you can buy them without the one-up remote as spares. Why you would want a Reverb over a OneUp I don’t know 🤣

I like BikeYokes as well.

Wolftooth and others make nice ispec EV to MMX mounts too.

pigyn
    Free Member

Ohh I meant to also say Shimano make their own dropper lever for ispec EV that fits great, nice lever. I use that a lot with the. OneUp posts as it gives more range of adjustment with the new XT 🤟

dirkpitt74

One-Up dropper and Wolftooth lever – brilliant combo.

vincienup
    Free Member

As I said, I’ve never had a Reverb (or KS for that matter) fail on me or do anything else bad that wasn’t directly related to me being a dick in some way and it’s never been a major drama if it has.

Last time I looked at Wolftooth I couldn’t find what I wanted but now I think on I thing I had Magura brakes in the mix too then. That’s probably case closed then.

rhayter

PNW loam lever is available in iSpec EV and it’s fine. No side-to-side adjustment though. I can attest that Shimano’s lever works with both OneUp and Fox Transfer posts.

rhayter

By the way, be ready to ditch the finned pads that come with the XT 4-pots. Mined rattled like bastards so I’ll be swapping them out while Storm Dennis does its thing this weekend.

Fat-boy-fat

The slim bar mount for the reverb 1x lever fits nicely between the main xt brake lever and its bar brace. Yes, it’s not mounted to the lever but it doesn’t take up any useable bar room.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iSpec EV and connecting non Shimano dropper levers etc’ is closed to new replies.