Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Islington murder of cyclist
  • teamslug
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31706312

Some people should burn in hell for eternity…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Absolutely appalling. The Telegraph has a cctv video of the attack, just senseless as the lads where just cycling along, the murderers gave him no chance to hand over the bike they just stabbed him.

cakefacesmallblock

That is utterly appalling .
    How on earth do people breed offspring with this kind of mentality and utter lack of humanity ?
    My heart goes out to his family and those other poor guys who were with him.
    Senseless, barbaric, bastards.

AlexSimon

The Telegraph has a cctv video

Quelle surprise.
    Most other sites have decided not to show it, but not the good old clickbaiting Telemail

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Scum.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I’m getting a bit sick of the over use of the word cyclist in new reports. Its time the news world started calling them what they are, human beings. Human beings that have family and friends and happen to have died on a bike. Whether stabbed or squashed by a truck these are humans, fellow man/woman/child just the same as the man driving the lorry or, in this case, the pleb who murdered this kid.

/end rant

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m getting a bit sick of the over use of the word cyclist in new reports. Its time the news world started calling them what they are, human beings. Human beings that have family and friends and happen to have died on a bike. Whether stabbed or squashed by a truck these are humans, fellow man/woman/child just the same as the man driving the lorry or, in this case, the pleb who murdered this kid.

/end rant

Valid rant.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

well said ti-pin_man

cynic-al
    Free Member

In this instance I don’t see the word cyclist as in any way negative.

They call people in cars drivers. I don’t see the problem.

grum
    Free Member

They call people in cars drivers. I don’t see the problem.

But most people drive – most people don’t cycle. Calling them cyclists allows the majority of people to see them as the ‘other’.

Bregante

What cynic-al said. The headline use of cyclist will be part of the Police Press Release and will be used to draw attention by the media.

Whilst it may not be relevant to the offence that the victim was on a bike, it is certainly of relevance when the Police are trying to find witnesses.

cakefacesmallblock

A boy , who was riding his bike has been murdered and we are nitpicking over a headline ? Get a grip.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Child stabbed whilst playing on bikes – DEAD. How does that sound?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Crikey being called a cyclist is offensive now 😉 there’s another thread going which looks a little more suitable for that discussion

Sincere condolences to the family and friends of this young lad

cynic-al
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Calling them cyclists allows the majority of people to see them as the ‘other’.

Where blame is being put on the cyclist that’s a fair point, I don’t think it applies here tho.

tomhoward

Funny how the papers aren’t so bothered about wether the ‘cyclist’ was wearing a helmet this time.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AlexSimon, the footage is also on the BBC and Guardian sites. Also click baiting Telemail?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

It’s being reported that the police are “open minded about the motive”, which suggests they are considering that it wasn’t only a robbery, and could well be that the attacker and victim new each other. There is a lot of gang violence among teenagers in London and it could well be part of that. (i’m not trying to say this in any way “lessens” the crime committed or anything)

brakes
    Free Member

this is too close to home for me.
    as someone with young children, I don’t want to hang around in London for too long worrying about this happening to my kids.

AlexSimon

CaptainFlashheart – Member

AlexSimon, the footage is also on the BBC and Guardian sites. Also click baiting Telemail?
    Wasn’t on either site at the time of writing.

aracer
    Free Member

Care to retract your above comments now they’ve got hold of it though?

mefty
    Free Member

Presumably as it was was released by the Police, they are keen for as many people to see it as possible in the hope of finding witnesses.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There seem to be gangs who are just used to using a knife to get what they want and see nothing wrong with stabbing someone first and take, not caring at all if they’ve killed someone. I’d say sub human scum but, and not wanting to be held the racist card, some of these are gangs that have come from countries where it’s just normal for them to get about in life. That’s not to say that’s who these people are, but they certainly act like it.

duckman

That looks like a busy street as well! Jings.

devash
    Free Member

Reminds me why I’ll never live in London, although having said that Leeds was getting just as bad before I moved to Italy.

razorrazoo

Horrific, just indiscriminate murder.

Reminds me why I’ll never live in London

Yawn. Show me a city that does not unfortunately have an issue with violent crime.

nealglover
    Free Member

Leeds was getting just as bad before I moved to Italy.

Yes, thankfully Italy has never had a problem with gangs of criminals has it 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think the fact he was just cycling along is relevant. For example, its not as though it was a gang stabbing or he was in a bad area / fighting etc.

@devash, you clearly didn’t move to Naples then.

kilo

For example, its not as though,,, or he was in a bad area….

Islington is pretty much one of the gang central areas in London, lots and lots of gang and knife crime around there

burchill
    Free Member

This happened literally 100m down from my house.

There’s lots of gang activity round here, including numerous groups of young kids riding around on high-end stolen hybrids (one such group rode past me on the pavement and swiped my iPhone whilst I was about to make a call..).

Whilst I’m saddened by what happened, I’m not surprised at all.

stanfree
    Free Member

I used work on Cally road in Kings Cross and whilst It’s a fairly ropey area I’m utterly shocked and saddened to see the video. These animals just think they are lawless and It’s not just confined to tough London Estates . It’s only a month since a 15 year old had his Kona knicked at knifepoint in the east side of Edinburgh . 🙁 My son had his Iphone smashed and new Football knicked whilst playing with mates in East Lothian and I know this dosen’t even compare but you will get my point that Teenagers really dont give a **** these days. My heart goes out to the lads family in Islington.

wrightyson
    Free Member

In cases such as that, once correctly identified they should just be put to death! There is absolutely no use for scum like that in our modern society!

chewkw
    Free Member

I do not understand why murderer wanted to stab a person unnecessarily for his bike. If you look at the video the murderer could easily push him off his bike then ride away with it, instead he stabbed him without even trying to nick his bike.

Since you cannot hang the killer jail him indefinitely without parole then perhaps the punishment should be …

Vasectomy then jail the murderer(s) accordingly.

You need to reduce the violent gene pool like you do breeding fierce wild animal until you can domesticate them. There is no way you can breed them out naturally …

😯

grenosteve
    Free Member

What a ****. Hope he rots in prison for it.

Blackhound

3 arrested

So they have arrested 3 people for it. I heard about the incident from Mrs B who lives nearby. What surprised me about the cctv footage was that it was at a busy time with plenty of cars and people about. Initially assumed it was a quiet time. Hopefully they will go down for a long time.

ticsmon

2 lads arrested. 17 and 18 year old according to my mate who police’s the area. He is in Portugal at the moment though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@chew, I think in the gang culture stabbing someone enhances your status

I hope they are sent to prison for a very long time.

slimjim78
    Free Member

I don’t agree with hoping for long prison sentences. It costs a bloody fortune to keep someone in prison. Only for the majority to reoffend upon release.

I hope for karma. And if karma doesn’t deal a fatal blow then I at least hope they learn to regret what they have done.

The pressures of an ever bulging population being these side effects. There’s always been knife crime and violent attacks, there’s just bundles more people to commit it – in the same small space. There isn’t a budget to contain it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The pressures of an ever bulging population being these side effects. There’s always been knife crime and violent attacks, there’s just bundles more people to commit it – in the same small space. There isn’t a budget to contain it.

Yes there is, tax more and introduce more automation into prisons. By the way, the death penalty costs more to get right and actually leads to higher levels of violence as it lowers societies respect for life.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Islington murder of cyclist’ is closed to new replies.