Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Isle of Wight – which bike to take? and routes?
  • el_boufador

Hiya,

Strong possibility we’ll be off to the isle of wight next week. Doing a search on here it seems there is some decent riding to be had.

Sounds like it’s quite an XC kind of place, But which bike to take? I have the choice of the following in order of increasing burliness

– One-One Pickenflick with road and/or gravel tyres

– XC 29er (Cotic Solaris)

– Transition Smuggler (probably with light/fast rolling wheels on.)

Also if anyone has route suggestions I’d be all ears! The kids will be taking bikes too so if there are any family routes around I’d be interested to hear about them.

Right, off to interrogate strava too 🙂

Thanks

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’d defo bring the Smuggler! We have some very decent riding over here, if you want to see some routes I’m Chris SevenSevenSeven on Strava, add me on and check out some Brighstone routes.

Apparently it’s all running really well, I’d come out and show you around but I’m away until the 2nd.

Sandown-Newport cycle rack is great for family riding

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Biggest climb in Hampshire in Ventnor, ~700 feet.

https://www.strava.com/segments/8641147

el_boufador

Nice one thanks! Will definitely check out your Strava routes!

Cheezpleez

It’s a nice place to ride. I’ve not tried to track down anything techy but have done road and offroad bike packing trips to the island. There’s an ‘official’ road loop around the island which is nice, and it’s easy to put together long, scenic mtb rides. Bridleways are well signposted and right now will be in great shape.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Wight – which bike to take? and routes?’ is closed to new replies.