Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Isle of Purbeck – current conditions?
  • chinapig
    Free Member

I’m planning on a midweek trip as I’ll be in the area. How are the trails at the moment? Usually ride a figure of eight loop with Corfe at the centre, crossing Godlingston Heath/Frank’s Tank, etc.

Thanks

bigyinn
    Free Member

Im on the IW so similar geology. The chalky high ground is usually well drained, but lower lying ground is likely to pretty muddy / sloppy.

fazanders
    Free Member

Its wet as an otters pocket out there at the moment! Franks is shite, heath at the bottom nr the forest/Poole harbour is a big wet muddy spounge..get the picture? Load of rain down here over the weekend too won’t have helped! Top of hills aren’t as bad but some trails off them are sketchy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    missnotax
    Free Member

Mud – and lots of it.

chinapig
    Free Member

Thanks for replies. Sounds like Surrey Hills and just about everywhere else in the UK right now. I’ll be sticking to the higher ground I think.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Frank’s tank route is pretty knackered at the mo – the weekends rain won’t have helped…..

I think it needs a voluntary closure for a bit to let it recover – its pretty chewed up and having more mtb rides over it in this state won’t help it (or make mtb’ers more popular!)

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Isle of Purbeck – current conditions?’ is closed to new replies.