Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Islabikes beinn 20
  • stonster
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere!
    Looking for a second hand beinn 20 small for 5 year old. I notice some have an ‘S’ on the frame and some don’t. I also know that at some point in the past there was only one size of beinn, and now there’s a small and a large.
    So question is, if there’s no ‘s’ and it predates small or large sizing, which size is it equivalent to?

I remember asking this question about cnoc 14 sizing first time round! There the original is the equivalent of the large now, and the small was brought in later…

chiefgrooveguru

I think it’s the same with the Beinn 20, the small is the new model.

stonster
    Free Member

Thanks – anyone any more decisive?! It’s a bit tricky to go measure at the moment…

ratherbeintobago

AFAIK the L is the same as the non-sized ones, and the S is a newer model.

The fount of all Islabike knowledge is this FB group.

robd

The Beinn 20 has been available in small and large since 2008. They only have s and l written on the frame from 2014 onwards. Ideally you don’t want one older than that anyway, heavier and more difficult to get the Islabike specific parts for. You can tell a small one as the downtube and toptube touch where they join the headtube, the large their is a noticable gap between tt and dt.

beamers

Here’s a picture of a 20L if it helps.

null

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I’ve got an ancient gubbed IB Beinn small. I can’t see why you’d want one older than that unless it’s absolute pennies. Ie less than twenty quid or so.

ratherbeintobago

People will though, it was saying on the FB group that someone paid £511 on eBay for a 7yo Beinn of size unspecified 😮

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Islabikes beinn 20’ is closed to new replies.