• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ceept.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Islabike wheels
  • onehundredthidiot

We bought my sister’s son a islabike cnoc and it appears he has inherited her healthy disregard for property.
    So thanks to that and a neighbour’s driving is my right attitude. Now looking for two 16″ wheels for it.
    Given the resale values of them I’d rather a better wheelset as opposed to a £12 pair, which is what she’s found. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

onehundredthidiot

Thanks

oceanskipper

Have you tried Islabikes direct?

onehundredthidiot

Had a look on site didn’t spot wheels.butbwill look again.

trail_rat
    Free Member

For spares. Best phoning them. They have all the spares they list very little on their site

Have your frame number to hand.

thebunk

Give Islabikes a call and find out how much their ones are?

Make sure you’re sitting down. Report back on here so we can all shake our heads in wonder.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Dunno I paid 21pound delivered for a new headset saddle and seatpost for our rothan.

I didn’t think that was bad.

tomparkin

+1 for contact Islabikes direct. They responded well to email when I got in touch with them.

I have bought a few bits and bats for our “fleet” and the prices didn’t strike me as being too mad. No wheels purchased to date though.

johnnystorm

My BIL needed a new hub for my nephew’s Beinn 20. Islabike only offered complete wheels, so you should be OK.

twistedpencil

I bought a new set of wheels for our Beinn 20 direct for islabikes. Call them, they were great, it’s now 8years old on the third child and still going strong.

mechanicaldope

they wouldn’t sell me one as they deemed that the frame was unsafe having looked at some photos of a perfectly straight frame

bikerevivesheffield

Last week i bought from then was a front for a beinn 20 …….. £45!

tthew

That’s about the going rate for a basic wheel. Just because it’s little doesn’t mean it’ll be much cheaper, the materials cost is a small part of the total. Manufacturing, assembly, logistics costs all about the same.

susepic

Bought a 20″ rear for a Beinn last year from this lot. No idea of their new post-Brexit shipping record.
    https://www.taylor-wheels.com/bike-wheels/16-inch/

ceept

If Isla bikes can’t help, frog bikes have a really good online shop for spares. We’ve had a few bits for a (non-frog) project from them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Islabike wheels’ is closed to new replies.