Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Isla Bike CNOC 16 make over for the girls 3rd birthday – 'Frozen' edition
  • neilforrow

My daughter was about ready for a pedal bike, and with her 3rd birthday coming up we moved the lads bike down to her. However, she ideally wanted a ‘Frozen’ bike.

I considered selling the CNOC (which I got off here a few years ago) and getting a new bike for er, but the various frozen BOSs’ available didn’t cut the mustard compared to the bike we already had.

So… I got it into paint, sickers made up (spiralgfx) and back together with a few finishing bits off the bay’. Process below:

Good news is, she loved it and took to the pedals well! Happy dad moment for sure…

yunki
    Free Member

like 🙂

roverpig

Nice work 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    twistedpencil

That’s great! May have to nick that idea for a year or so down the line…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did you run behind her pushing her on the field, with your wife shouting let it go?

neilforrow

did you run behind her pushing her on the field, with your wife shouting let it go?

Was a bit like that TBF, but with a ‘dont’ added for good measure.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Awesome! Have the exact same bike ready for my 3 year old… How much for you to do another…!?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Well done!

Best not show my daughter this…..

jonathan
    Free Member

Hehe… I’m tempted to show that to my boys just to watch their reactions. I think they’d have some sort of apoplectic seizure. Not big Frozen fans 😉

Bez

More details on paint process/costs please 🙂

neilforrow

hughjayteens – How much for you to do another…!?

Million pand’ 🙂

Bez – paint was done by ICS in Devon. Its a good finish but they didnt really mask up the bb shell / head tube etc very well at all. All the threads and surfaces needed cleaning, facing etc. Cost £40 with the vat, so not too bad. Any local powder coat place could do this tho (and could prob do a better job TBF). Took two weeks too!

Sicker set was made up by spiralgfx. Contact sheet below. This was the was relatively expensive bit.

Basket / bell/ spokeydoky clips / tassels all off the bay for a few £

Saddle is a madison job for a tenner.

All in, it probably cost the same as buying a cheep bike from toys’r’us or the like, but that’s not really the point.

edit – this is the bit where I get hammered on copyright. 😳

Bez

£40 is a good price for all that work; shame about the extra faff, though. Got a local place doing a frame of mine at the moment: £60, and that was the best price I found nearby. Hopefully find out the quality this week (I did make sure I wouldn’t need to do any chasing or facing afterwards). Might ask about doing our balance bike and Cnoc…

petrieboy

Looks a similar colour to my Islabike Rothan project from a couple of years back.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/custom-rothan-update
    What I can confirm is that powdercoat is remarkably durable, it’s been well used and remains in marked.

iain1775
    Free Member

awesome

theotherjonv

My daughter would be apoplectic.

1/ Firstly because she’s a proper tomboy and bikes shouldn’t be girly in her opinion.

2/ mainly because she’s called Elsa. Which was a great name 9 years ago but has now been hijacked. I’ve even told her that when asked her name, she says Elsa, they say ‘like out of Frozen?’ – she’s entirely in her rights to do her withering glare and say no, like my name, the one I had 5 years before Disney **** stole it off me.

peabrain
    Free Member

Great job.

Feeling sorry for poor Elsa

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Isla Bike CNOC 16 make over for the girls 3rd birthday – 'Frozen' edition’ is closed to new replies.