Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is ton buying a deisel car worthy of a 5 page argument?
  • mitsumonkey
    Free Member

His original threads been closed, he only wanted to let us know he’d bought a car.
    5 pages of arguing, was it warranted?
    Yes or no!

(Not the car I’m sure it got a warranty)

shifter
    Free Member

Ton and Diesel are proper nouns. A bit of grammar pedantry should kick off another five pages of wasted internet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve not read it but I feel it could be important. Maybe someone could do a 2 page summary of the key points in case anyone missed it

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some of the points in both arguments were quite good and informative, but as is typical a slanging match ensued and quite rightly it got closed.

But did we ever find out what car Ton actually bought ? It’s all I want to know.

sbob
    Free Member

No.
    If question = car, answer = stonking V8.
    Petrol.

jekkyl

as soon as someone says ‘you’re talking rubbish’ the person who was talking rubbish gets mildly offended and argues back with a slightly more insulting comeback and then it just spirals into shite!

bruneep

That’s rubbish ^ 🙄

😉

wilburt
    Free Member

The arguments as always were based each contributor trying too hard to find the 5% of comments that didnt align even if it wasn’t relavant to their point they were making.
    The general tone was shrill and uncomprimising with few personal insults so
    I opted out.

Thats my choice as it is anyone elses so I wouldn’t have closed it but the mod makes a fair point, why should he read through a load of windbags rantings to
    make the desicion, just close it and go to bed.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Here is a picture of Ton’s purchase. I think in all the handbag waving he got some mixed messages but being STW the word Audi got through 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

People were baffled by depth of knowledge challenging pre conceived ideals then some one threw their toys out and locked it.

legend
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    as soon as someone says ‘you’re talking rubbish’ the person who was talking rubbish gets mildly offended and argues back with a slightly more insulting comeback and then it just spirals into shite!

That’s just silly, we all know that various people enter each thread pre-offended so they can get off to a flying start

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

lazybike
    Free Member

Much as I like this forum it does get a bit silly sometimes, and dare I say…heavily moderated.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

I just hope that Cougar sent them to bed early with no pudding for a week

leffeboy

Ah is that thread closed – it was brilliant :(. It really was worth discussing as it isn’t as clear as folks would like it to be. The tangent they went off on was 100% STW with waayyy more knowledge than you normally get in this sort of stuff

Is disappointed

starts new thread on black starting although I’m not sure blackstarting a thread on black starting works. You need the diesel one first

mooman
    Free Member

Not often I feel the need to read a Ton post – but I feel I am missing out now …

Cougar

Is it the ten minutes or the full half hour?

I’ll review it later and reopen it. In the meantime…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is ton buying a deisel car worthy of a 5 page argument?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

How To Wash Your Clothes in the Wil...
Singletrack Video Archive: How To Wash Your Clothes in the Wild (Survivalist Guide)