Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • IS to Post Mount urgent help plz….
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Hi this is the only things stopping me riding my new build and its driving me crazy,

I have Guide brakes and on the rear with this 20mm adpater

bought some m6 bolts of varying length including http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191737189824?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

cannot get them set up properly,

https://www.canyon.com/download/manuals/Maunal_Disc_Brake_Caliper_mounting.pdf

save me

cynic-al
    Free Member

So it’s a 180mm disc?

You are using all the baal-joint type washers?

In what way is it not working? (Bolt length shouldn’t affect that)

dumbbot
    Free Member

no 160mm disc, wrong adapter? Its just not sitting on the right part of the disc.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Is that Adapter not too big then for a 160mm rotor? Isn’t the +20 for 180mm rotors? I could be wrong but that’s my understanding.

matt_outandabout

Worth a try without the adapter.
    Are you *sure* you don’t have some odd 165mm rotors?

otsdr
    Free Member

That looks like the correct adaptor for a 140mm IS frame (which is usually the default). Forks are 160mm IS.

Is the adaptor mounted the right way around, i.e. arrow towards the front?
    This is how it would look like: 140 adapter, 160 and 180.

STATO
    Free Member

Er.. doesnt guide directly mount to the adaptor in your picture. No need for the CPS washers in the link above?

otsdr
    Free Member

Well, you would still need them on the top side of the caliper to allow for misalignment in the bolt holes. Shimano started doing that a while a go I think.

STATO
    Free Member

Yup, no CPS spacers required under the caliper. LINK

Might need some on top if the adaptor does not have bolts at 90degree to the mounting surface, but that one you showed looks fine

STATO
    Free Member

Well, you would still need them on the top side of the caliper to allow for misalignment in the bolt holes.

On double checking, that would only be required on the angled post mount to post mount boosters. IS to Post always have bolts at 90degrees to the mount.

STATO
    Free Member
    dumbbot
    Free Member

Adapter on the wrong way..oopsie.

cynic-al
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘IS to Post Mount urgent help plz….’ is closed to new replies.