Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Is this unfair?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

those who love the look, the “rules” the latest Italian bike exotica who wouldn’t be seen dead on a bike with dirt on it and would be apoplectic if their shirts didn’t match their jersey and cap.

I think you are imagining things. And a miserable old git.

davosaurusrex

I just read all that shit thinking “why am I reading all this shit?” until I got to pictonroad’s post – proper lolchortle (yes, I just made that up). Thanks for that, off to bed now, most likely chuckling while I brush my teeth. Filthy hippy.

firestarter
    Free Member

All my lbs treat you with distain so much so I now class my lbs as halfords. Friendly bunch and will always order you things in if they dont have it. Wouldn’t let them touch by bike mind 😉

epicyclo

billytinkle – Member
    Maybe just a bad day in the shop? Negativity spreads like wildfire sometimes. I’d head back with a pack of Jaffa cakes as a thanks and give them a second chance. Everyone has bad days at some point.

^+1

imnotverygood

I think the OP needs to read up on confirmation bias.

gaz552
    Free Member

I think everything aside someone nailed it when they said drop in with a packet of biscuits as a thank you for helping you out.

nemesis
    Free Member

I know the shop you mean, it was pretty simple to work out from the brands you mentioned.

I think you’re projecting your issues on the shop. Maybe they weren’t happy/cheery as would be nice but for all you know maybe someone they know had just died. They helped you out and regardless of whether they got it right first time went out of their way to do so, all the while dealing with a mucky bike in their nice clean shop. And they didn’t charge.

On that basis, I’d say that I’d be willing to give them a go.

IHN

Most of the LBS’s I’ve ever been in have been unwelcoming and cliquey and the owners/staff have been full of a sense of self importance and act with a vague air that I’m wasting their time.

There are exceptions (Independent Bikeworks in Ciren for one), but not many.

atlaz
    Free Member

Seems like a nice job really on their part. You’re not comfortable in their type of shop, they fixed your bike for free, it’s your problem not theirs. Their actions were pretty much spot on in terms of offering a good service despite the fact they didn’t want to chat.

Most of the LBS’s I’ve ever been in have been unwelcoming and cliquey and the owners/staff have been full of a sense of self importance and act with a vague air that I’m wasting their time.

Which is why I detest LBS’s where a mate says “Oh, if you go in with jaffa cakes they’ll love you and you will probably get priority”. I don’t want to be their friend, I want decent service without having to join their gang.

timc
    Free Member

What is unfair is that i read this dull as dish water moan about nothing.

franksinatra

Time for the Twitter challenge. Could somebody sumamrise the OP in 140 characters or less? I really can’t be bothered to read it.

Thanks

nemesis
    Free Member

Muddy rider & bike w loose cassette goes in swanky shop. Shop fixes bike 4 free but don’t smile. Rider leaves

#1stWP

😉

egb81
    Free Member

Man get’s lockring tightened at lbs for free, moans due to lack of cuddle.

benslow
    Free Member

What is unfair is that I read this dull as dish water moan about nothing.

Yup … me too ….

🙄

palookah
    Free Member

Damn those lifestyle cyclists with their disposable income!

Want vinegar on that chip?

dragon
    Free Member

Whats wrong with castelli clothing, decent bike shops have been selling this stuff for years before Rapha existed.

The OPs attitude is odd to say the least. Some one does something nice for you, yet you moan as the ‘vibe’ wasn’t right.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think the OP was just hungry. That’s usually my problem when I feel like this. I’d have had a word with myself, and then got hold of a flapjack from somewhere.

🙂

franksinatra

Muddy rider & bike w loose cassette goes in swanky shop. Shop fixes bike 4 free but don’t smile. Rider leaves

#1stWP

Man get’s lockring tightened at lbs for free, moans due to lack of cuddle.

as I thought then, not interesting or a real problem. I’m oot…

yunki
    Free Member

Man enters bike shop – shop staff have superior beards – man goes home and cries at the straggly mess his beard is becoming of late

plots forum based revenge

tazzymtb

No, lost me I’m afraid. WTH are you on about you strangely self obsessed loon. You will refering to yourself in the 3rd party next!

poah
    Free Member

decent for doing the repair for free but **** for the way they acted. I’d not go back to a place that treaded me like a ****

bikebouy
    Free Member

Geeeeeeee RD, I’ve always been of the impression you are a man of few words, in fact a man of many photos with few words.
    Have you just bought a ‘Puter with Word on it and are trying it out?

Reads to me like you we suffering with hunger or thirst or feeling run down, and nothing more.

If I were you I’d pop back there and buy one of those swanky Starly Bike things and savour a single espresso whilst they fit some Keos on it so you can ride it home 😆

Failing all that, stop typing, take more photos….. 😉

takisawa2

I’d have gone back, rode straight into the shop & shouted “I’m going to buy this place & knock it down. Man”.

There’s a white tiled bike shop near Cannock Chase that seemed a bit elitist the first time I went in, plastered in mud one winter’s day, but me slipping on the aforementioned tiled floor & falling over broke the ice.
    Cheer up RD.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Is this unfair?’ is closed to new replies.