Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Is this too much light?
  • rickon
    Free Member
    Daffy

Does he have a sporting venue to illuminate one evening?

eyerideit
    Free Member

They’re obviously scared of the dark.

OR

The bike belongs to Van Heisling.

grum
    Free Member

More is more.

lucien

I like it…..

granny_ring

LOL

zippykona

All it needs is lots of mirrors and a fox tail on an aerial.

Northwind

Ideal for hunting trolls.

Still it’s a sensible setup, the R8 will burn through its battery in record time, then he can switch to an R4, and then when that fails because the battery cable’s broken, he can switch to the last one- there’s a fair chance he could complete a 3 or even 4 hour ride without too much risk.

Frankers
    Free Member

MTBR

I’m loving the clear look he’s achieved on his bars!

Rockhopper
    Free Member

He seems to have them all pointing to the ground just a couple of metres in front of the bike….

boxelder

What are the two black knobs inboard of the grips?

shermer75
    Free Member

Not sure if I understand what all the things in the bar are. There’s two things sticking up, symmetrically on both sides, between the grips and the brakes/gear shifters. What are they?

shermer75
    Free Member

Houns

Where does his guide dog sit?

nealglover
    Free Member

Those things look like a sort of “in board” version of bar ends ?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Just…gonna…try….and lift….the front end to get up this….curb!

(Lucky he uses all those weights!)

northernmatt

Anyone noticed that all these blingy Hope things are attached to a Carrera Kraken? He could have bought a decent frame with all the money he’s spent.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

interesting mudguard as well

Northwind

northernmatt – Member

Anyone noticed that all these blingy Hope things are attached to a Carrera Kraken? He could have bought a decent frame with all the money he’s spent.

Astonishingly nice frames, fwiw. I remember excitement when I upgraded my Kraken to a Scandal, then disappointment when it turned out I prefered the Kraken (still got it, built it up as a 20lb rigid and did some xc races on it, fab- was replaced with a Soda which luckily did turn out to be better)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And not to mention it’s all on the bars. Shadowtastic.

singlespeedstu

I’d go out on a night ride with him.

I could save a furtune by not having to bother charging my lights and just using his overspill light.

FFS some of you people on here will moan about anything some one else that’s not you does.
    Lighten up will you. 😉

onandon
    Free Member

Do you have enough hands to cover these up when a rider comes from the opposite direction?
    No, cut that shit out. It isn’t nessesary and you look like a gimp with some kind of light disorder.

remoterob
    Free Member

Looks like it’s on road tyres, bet the other road users love it.

It’s weird how some people need to fill every inch of bare space on a bike with accessories.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve had this argument a few times on here, but get shouted down every time – here goes again 🙂

Too much light a) spoils the night ride experience b) blinds other cyclists c) spoils other night riders night vision when you flash them d) is a lot less fun for me than scudding down a singletrack with a relatively limited light source.

I’m not sure what the sweet spot is, but daylight kinda defeats the purpose for me.

I could save a furtune by not having to bother charging my lights and just using his overspill light.

I doubt it, have you actually calculated the cost of charging your lights for a year? 😀

rickon
    Free Member

Lighten up will you.

Ba-dum-tish!

Pun of the week Stu, pun of the week.

takisawa2

Yeah.
    And I bet he throws old innertubes into trees.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Is this too much light?’ is closed to new replies.