• This topic has 27 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Is this the most expensive Cycling Jersey ever?
  • cubist
    Free Member

WTAF??

The mother of all cycling jerseys and probably the most expensive cycling jersey of all time.

If I had the cash spare it would be a toss-up between this jersey and a brand new Aston Martin Virage.

crazy-legs

Page not found….

cubist
    Free Member

Serves me right for trying to be clever with the link – sorted it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Free delivery, that’s nice. Wonder how many offers he has had? BIN price seems to be to get as much as possible not what he will take, not my colour or size but I reckon it’s worth £50 🙂

slowoldman

Hmm, second hand cycling jersey. £30 is my best offer.

Kuco

It’s **** horrible and I wouldn’t even pay £50 for it.

tomhoward

Didn’t the seller buy it for something crazy like 10k? Or did it never sell so he’s gone for the oligarch rich, as opposed to lottery winner rich…

funkmasterp

Looks like a shitty rugby top from the 90’s.

vinnyeh

had some smart-arse not-even Rapha comment in my head, til I followed the link…

schmiken

It’s been up multiple times before. Reckon it was bought in speculation and is now feeling like a tit and chancing his arm.

Klunk
    Free Member

the singletrack version the other seller is a tad optimistic on the price

funkmasterp

That one is biggerer too so your fabric per pound is greater.

ross980
    Free Member

Typo surely?😲
    £150? (Which still seems steep)
    EDIT: my offer of £7.49 was declined, ah well, it wouldn’t fit me anyway.

Haze

4 pockets, I’m out.

pb2

I went crazy and offered £25 plus postage – surprised to see my offer automatically rejected Oh well theres always the Paul Smith signed £20 note he is selling for £20,000 to mull over 🙂

epicyclo

You’re pseudo rich if you buy that and keep it in its packaging in a dark room.

If you’re really rich you’ll rip it out of its packet and wear it on a muddy bike ride. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I quite like it and would be prepared to pay £30 for it.

DezB
    Free Member

So it’s not even a one-off and the seller thinks Gary Kemp (there is no-one else on the market for that shirt) will pay over 100K for it? Not a chance. £500 max.

tomhoward

So it’s not even a one-off

I do hope the other owners aren’t keeping theirs as a retirement fund…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Glad to see that he’s provided enough detailed photos that a factory in Bangladesh could start knocking out indistinguishable copies by next Saturday.

I’ll pick one up down the market next weekend for a tenner.

ton

who is paul smith?

slowoldman

Ah now I wouldn’t go that far… I have some very nice Paul Smith trousers for those sartorial moments (that don’t happen anymore).

bigyinn
    Free Member

It claims its a piece of cycling history? What history? Its never been worn or seen daylight. Meh, its just an object.

crazy-legs

The actual genuine “most expensive jersey” I can think of (rather than some total chancer on ebay) is the Deloitte Ride Across Britain Golden Jersey:
    https://www.rideacrossbritain.com/2016/07/27/lure-golden-jersey/

The RAB is a fully supported Lands End – John O’Groats ride done over 9 days and it’s about £1700 (ish) per event depending on when you book. You get a “free” Golden Jersey on completion of your third RAB so the jersey actually costs 3 x £1700 so £5100. And you actually have to do some riding for it as well.

Kuco

who is paul smith?

He’s one of our transport managers. Funnily enough, we also a Sam Smith responsible for training

funkmasterp

who is paul smith?

Younger and less well known brother of John.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

who is paul smith?

An early MBUK journalist with a taste in bikes what was way ahead of its time.

DezB
    Free Member

who is paul smith?

Liverpudlian boxer, older brother of Liam, Callum and Stephen. Also does a bit of DJing.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Is this the most expensive Cycling Jersey ever?’ is closed to new replies.