is this the end for the on one scandal?

Home Forum Bike Forum is this the end for the on one scandal?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • is this the end for the on one scandal?
  • damascus

brant – Member

A brand new on-one model coming in the spring, called Parkwood. 29er hardtail, huge clearances, fun geometry, frames and full bikes.

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO 

damascus

The cupboards are empty at oo towers!

http://www.on-one.co.uk/c/q/frames/scandal/29er

I’m off to look on eBay for an XL raw frame before its too late!

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

Judging by the number of On One customer service complaints popping up on here, I’m sure there’ll be another On One scandal along shortly 😉

scud

I wonder if “huge clearances” is 29+??

stayhigh

I’ve emailed them several times about when they are anticipating more stock in without receiving a response which given recent threads isn’t that much of a surprise.

Still nice to know their business is doing well enough to ignore paying customers…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

It’d be odd, it’s their best frame surely? But I suppose lots of people fall for “steel is real” and overlook it.

jeffm

Is my scandal 29er now obsolete?

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Intersted to see the new frame, though it’s too late for me as I’ve already got a Stache.

Something similar to that would be very well received, I reckon.

Where does it say its aluminium? Surely the thing that killed the scandal was the lurcher, race29 and Dirty Harry? Who’d buy an aluminium frame thats not as cheep as the steel one and not as light as the carbon one and not much different in price to either?

Premier Icon YoKaiser
    Subscriber

Who’d buy an aluminium frame thats not as cheep as the steel one and not as light as the carbon one and not much different in price to either?

IIRC (and comparing O-O’s pricing is erratic at best) The Scandal was near as damnedest the same weight as the Lurcher but the Lurcher has always been at least twice the price. I remember this as the Lurcher came up for a great price at one time but the more I looked into it I couldn’t find any reason to go for the carbon frame, Dirty Harry is more expensive again.

stayhigh

I seem to recall there being mention of an alloy fireline in spring but wouldnt see that as a placement for the Scandal.

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

Surely the thing that killed the scandal was the lurcher, race29 and Dirty Harry? Who’d buy an aluminium frame thats not as cheep as the steel one and not as light as the carbon one and not much different in price to either?

Well I did. Lurcher was no lighter for the extra money, race29 they only sold in 18″ and the Harry was twice as much and couldn’t take 120mm forks. So the Scandal 29er it was…sub 4lb frame with lots of versatility with the swap outs and typically sold for under £200…bargain IMO

…seems daft to me to cease selling them. I’d buy a 14″ for my son if I could

Premier Icon vondally
    Subscriber

what YOkaiser said little or no difference weight wise so not worth the money to go to Carbon

would like to see a slack ish 69.5 HA scandal…….

Premier Icon scandal42
    Subscriber

Im going to build my 26er scanny back up soon as a long distance machine.

I cant wait to see how obsolete it feels.

core

From what I’ve read on here, people really rated the scandal, and it’s been common knowledge (speculation) for ages that it was no more, been none in stock for ages.

There’s already a steel 29er in their range, the inbred, with fair clearances, seems odd to do another. A light (alu) 29+ with versatile dropout options would be good!

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

Love my 26 Scandal

It’s just an ace bike!

stumpy_m4

I have 2 very obsolete 26″ scandals .. one black and one pink 🙂 … no intention of changing them

Thrustyjust

2 Scandals in this house, the missus single speed and an 18 inch frame waiting to be rebuilt up after I stripped it for a whippet.

tk46hal

Rip!
    Will only make my slot drop scandium 29er even better as it was the best of the scandals anyway! And it’s just double it’s value. 😀

jonba

29er
    120mm
    light
    slack
    run ss or geared
    2 bottle bosses
    std threaded bottom bracket
    taper headset
    <£300

Please 😀

misinformer

I often wonder if some of these companies make sure there is no stock to increase demand

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Judging by the number of On One customer service complaints popping up on here, I’m sure there’ll be another On One scandal along shortly

Scotroutes – Slow hand clap, that was awesome.

Premier Icon mcnultycop
    Subscriber

I love my Scandal 26″. It just feels “right”.

jonba

Is there any info out there on the parkwood. Normally Brant sneeks a few prototype photos out or something bu I can’t find anything

I’ve been thinking of getting an FF29 but have always liked on-one* bikes and might now wait a bit longer.

*They should start a loyalty scheme, currently own 3 (original v brake inbred, pompetamine and new ss inbred) having sold my 456 frame last year.

flybywire

pity really as the V2 29er with 130mm forks fitted (some sag) is kind of not able to be surpassed .. mines a cool bike in raw and RS rev’s.

the replacement will likely be better but won’t like to demote the current steed 😕

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Who’d buy an aluminium frame thats not as cheep as the steel one and not as light as the carbon one and not much different in price to either?

My scandal frame was 150 quid, quite a bit cheaper than a Harry was at the time and quite a bit lighter than a steel one.

fun geometry

Sounds more like something that would sit between the Fireline and the Scandal. More of a trail bike than a race bike.

Premier Icon Tiger6791
    Subscriber

Somebody who wants a light robust frame.
    Somebody who doesn’t like / want a plastic bike.

Premier Icon ahwiles
    Subscriber

want a alu Scandal? – have you considered the Pinnacle Ramin?

£150.

seems like a bargain to me.

Premier Icon captain_bastard
    Subscriber

got a 26 and 29 Scandle, really great frames, run the 26 with 130mm forks, great for mucking about on, 29er has the on-one carbon rigids which also feel great (intention was to put suspension forks on, but for woodsy singletrack not felt the need)

although due to expanding bike collection and new build plans, probably going to sell the 29er

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘is this the end for the on one scandal?’ is closed to new replies.