Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Is this stolen?
  • coldlambcurry
    Free Member

Click here

cogglepin

There’s half a tree hanging off the handlebars!

coldlambcurry
    Free Member

Quick getaway…

jamiemcf

Do you not store your bike alongside your chainsaws, hedge cutter and leafblower in your unfurnished spare bedroom?

scaredypants

looks totally legit to me – except for the “boy must collect” bit

jonnyboi

Brand new seller with zero feedback, what could possibly go wrong?

finephilly
    Free Member

Yea, well dodgy! Anyone lost a SC Bronson near london recently?

thereturner
    Free Member

Who wants to get robbed? F36-DBD4-B-9824-4707-B312-675-CAF5656-FD

sharkattack

He told me that “people lik you has no life”

What kind of customer service is that?

finephilly
    Free Member

This one, in fact…

Santa Cruz Bronson Mk1

finephilly
    Free Member

Ive emailed the owner of the listing from stolen-bikes. If I don’t get a response by tomorrow am, I’ll report it to eBay.

jkomo

Good work

johnw1984
    Free Member

I actually do store my bikes in an unfurnished spare room alongside all my gardening tools/machinery haha.

Thing is, I wouldn’t take a pic of it all alongside the bike if I’m selling…. Also, boy must collect. This is non-negotiable 🙂

mrl

It is mine…. Getting on a plane tomorrow morning….. Arse. Will email the local police email with photos and the like. Will see if I can find the original crime number.

Thank you guys for emailing (two of you). Really appreciated.

mrl

Now three of you. Thanks.

Anyone have any tips on how to get the police to go and retrieve it?

thereturner
    Free Member

No worries 🙂

weeksy

Great job stw

jayx2a
    Free Member

My mum lives in Uckfield. I should send her out for a stakeout.

Hope you retrieve it ok and the seller gets what they deserve.

mrl

Thanks

mrl

Uploaded an update to the police. Could not find the crime number which won’t help. Will follow up with a call tomorrow.

phil5556

Good luck getting it back 🤞

joshvegas
    Free Member

I thought the process was to tell them you were going round with 6 rugby pals to take it back with any force necessary so the popo come along to make sure you don’t?

Bazz

@mrl Uckfield is just down the road from me, currently in Greece but will be home by tomorrow morning, if I can be of any assistance in delaying tactics etc. let me know.

mrl

Thanks for the ideas and an offer of help. The bike is just round the corner, so if I was not heading off for a week or so I would buy it and tell the police I was collecting it.

So I have told the police and will have to wait and see what they do.

Thanks

finephilly
    Free Member

Well, if Bazz is willing, can you Offer the guy £2k cash/win the auction and arrange to collect (ideally somewhere public but he will most likely want to be at home). Then get a local copper to go with you (or other backup). You need to act now as the wheels of authority turn slowly!

andy4d

I really hope the police can help. If not could you pop round for a test ride and just **** off with it? I have my fingers crossed for a good outcome

finephilly
    Free Member

Plus as soon as eBay pull it your cover is blown. Only hope then is eBay can give a genuine address to the police

finephilly
    Free Member

It doesn’t need to turn nasty. Once you have the bike, just explain you’re the original owner and are taking it back.

weeksy

It doesn’t need to turn nasty. Once you have the bike, just explain you’re the original owner and are taking it back.

I’m sure they’re perfectly reasonable people and will say “yeah mate, thanks for that….See you”

richard678

Front line cops will be too busy, like all public sector workers now.
    Instead call your local neighbourhoods team cops, you should be able to speak to someone directly. They will be able to provide an appropriate response.

Unlike kerley, quiet please, the adults are talking..

richardthird

Want us to put stoopid high bids in to ‘win’ it? Buys some time and should get an address.

thereturner
    Free Member

Let’s not all be dicks and bid it up to something silly either.

ETA: Just seen above 🙂 Maybe everyone sit back and let the guy who had it nicked win it, otherwise STW will push it up to like £20k 😀

finephilly
    Free Member

I would recommend taking some form of back-up just in case. If he sells it now, or disappears ‘cos he gets spooked, then it will be even harder to find.

…It finished at £912 – I sincerely hope that wasn’t to a 3rd party!

kerley
    Free Member

Unlike kerley, quiet please, the adults are talking..

Touched a nerve I see.

chestrockwell

Really hope this works out but when my stolen bike turned up on ebay, using pictures I’d taken, neither did anything at all.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.