• This topic has 25 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tails.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Is this still available? Facebook marketplace
  • tails
    Free Member

I’ve had this a couple of times now where I reply and then either nothing or ok. Is it just a bot, if it is what does it want?

nedrapier

It’s a template reply, easily sent by accident if you’re scrolling through. Might well be sent on purpose, but it doesn’t speak of a lot of enthusiasm on the buyer’s part if they even be bothered to add “hello” to the template.

Just reply “yes”. Or don’t bother.

tails
    Free Member

Cheers , I’m not having the best of luck at the moment. I do all I can as a seller, providing extra photos etc etc and when they finally decide they don’t want it they don’t even reply with a no thanks. One chap even wanted me to deliver 50kg of weights to him, yeah right.

kayak23

Does my nut.

Folks can’t be arsed to construct a sentence. It amazes me how much stuff is on there with almost no description either.

Humans… 🙄

lister

They are all weird. It’s the rule.

squirrelking
    Free Member

As said its a generic template reply which is very easily sent by accident, don’t read too much into it.

davosaurusrex

I’m getting this on freecycle now, had at least half a dozen of these for a decent mattress. Can’t even give stuff away these days!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Interested

DezB
    Free Member

Will you take £2 for it coz I’m a single parent?

doomanic

Arsebook Marketplace is full of chavvy chancers. I’m trying to sell a spare ebike battery that’s a couple of weeks old and they are offering half my asking price. And don’t get me started on the atrocious spelling and grammar.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What battery?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Dibs

matt_bl
    Free Member

Swap for an X-Box one, with a broken controller?

scruff9252

Can I have it for free & will you deliver? I’m only 40 miles away from you… ?

13thfloormonk

Next!

(on an item that nobody else has expressed any interest in…)

greenskin
    Free Member

As a matter of principle I ignore those messages. If you can’t be arsed to engage properly, **** off.

As @doomanic says, full of chancers.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

to be fair the amount of times I’ve gone on there and said I’m interested in so-and-so item and then been told sorry it was sold long ago…. (then take the darn ad down) goes both ways the frustration just the way of the world I guess

scruff9252

I’ve been selling a couple of items recently – what grinds my gears is a message just asking “What’s the lowest you will accept?”

Then one woman got all arsy because my add correctly stated the post code, and the location of where the item was. She decided that I must actually mean a different town an hours drive away, because that location also starts with an “A”.

Morons.

doomanic

what grinds my gears is a message just asking “What’s the lowest you will accept?”

I just reply with the asking price.

andyr
    Free Member

I just reply with the asking price.

Me too. I’m trying to sell my old hi-fi seperates system currently and a few people are just interested in the amp and have asked what I’d sell that for. I just reply with the asking price and tell them I’ll bung in the cd player, speakers, etc for free. No takers yet for some reason.

alibongo001

What’s the lowest you’ll accept gets the following response from me.

I’m happy to discuss price once you have seen the item. (I’m not going to chip myself!)

natrix
    Free Member

To add some balance, I’ve had some good transactions on faceache marketplace and found most folk to be reasonable………………

PrinceJohn

What’s the lowest you will accept?

I would accept offers from Tory voters, but no lower, so if you voted for the Brexit Party or UKIP you’re out of luck

DrP

I often ask ‘is this available’ using the template, jsut to see if it’s actually worth engaging more (especially on a week old advert..).

DrP

footflaps

“Is this available?” Doesn’t bother me at all, only takes 2 secs to reply Yes. The low turnout of people arranging to turn up and buy it is a PITA. However, have sold pretty much everything I wanted to on it successfully, just had a lot of no-shows. The fact it’s fee free is a big bonus over Ebay.

tails
    Free Member

Think I’ve finally sold them! It’s not the template I have a problem with, it’s the reply after that like they are not interested to the point I thought it was maybe a computer.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Is this still available? Facebook marketplace’ is closed to new replies.