Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is this normal for a gravity dropper post??
  • vondally
    Free Member

Riding along and the post would not stay down stopped and discovered that the part came away in my hand…………

so guessing that is not normal so

what is the fix/repair/solution …if any?

nealglover
    Free Member

Yeah that’s normal.

wukfit
    Free Member

Araldite and a couple of cable ties 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

short term cable ties
    Long term GD do a repair for free with bolts but you need to pay postage to them @ £10-15 and they post back for free

vondally
    Free Member

thank junkyard

assuming that postage is to uk not usa?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Araldite and a couple of cable ties

Mine has been “repaired” like that for about a year and half now. Works perfectly. I repaired it halfway up a climb in Machynlleth with just zipties, no araldite. Job’s a good un.

wukfit
    Free Member

i did think araldite may not be needed, but i like to do a job properly,

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nope you post to the USA

sweepy
    Free Member

I’d just cable tie it, maybe a spot of JB weld. Then when it needs a service send it back for repair and it comes back like new.

johnhe

I posted mine back to the US and they fixed it for free. Plus they offer a rebuild for $18, which is great.

Simon

When that happened with mine GD fixed it with the 4 screws but I had to pay $18 (£12) for a service. This was s
    around 2 months ago. Postage out to the States was £20ish with insurance. Once it got to GD they turned it around in 2 days, but I was without it for a fortnight. They didn’t charge for return postage.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is this normal for a gravity dropper post??’ is closed to new replies.