Is this a fatal wound?

Home Forum Bike Forum Is this a fatal wound?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is this a fatal wound?
  • Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Ride it till it breaks?

Premier Icon piedi di formaggio
    Subscriber

Make a claim against the builders – they should have insurance for this sort of thing

qwerty

i'm sure the shock is ok but the frame looks FOOKED to me, you should be thinking liability insurance from the 'builders'

TandemJeremy

I suspect that is a write off – the dent reduces the size of the tube a chunk.

I'd be after the builders to replace it on their insurance

BlingBling

Nasty but I'd still ride it :mrgreen:

psychle

Well the builders are (not to be un-PC or anything…) Bulgarian and I'm guessing may not have insurance. Anyway, I've told upstairs (this happened a week or so ago) to pay out, I've asked for £300 and they seem to agree with this (though no cash has been forthcoming as yet 🙄 ) Yes, I know it's not worth £300 secondhand, but I may as well get some benefit from the faff!

qwerty

get upstairs to deduct it from builders pay and give the cash to you ?

fontmoss

dont guess about insurance, pick up bike and go upstairs youll find out soon enough

tinsy

Is that mould under the windowsill?

You do need some kind of compensation.

psychle

Is that mould under the windowsill?

not sure… though there is a nice rust stain running down from the stair's above!

psychle

Just wondering what to do with the frame really… Is it a write-off, or could it be ridden (general XC duties)?

If it makes any difference to your opinion, the dent is from a large piece of wood being dropped on the frame (by builders working on the stairs above; would've been nice of them to mention they were starting work, I would've moved the bloody thing! 👿 )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is this a fatal wound?’ is closed to new replies.