Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Is this frame a good enough quality or is it gonna fall apart?
  • speedsterkid
    Free Member

hi guys I’ve been looking at this frame and was wondering if it would last as it is soooooo cheap, for carbon. I don’t want to badly injure myself or more importantly loose £300. There have been lots of bad things said about this website and if anyone has any experience on this website it would be good to know if its trust-able. my budget is about £400 so if anyone knows of a better frame for that price it would be good to know as well.
    This link should take you to the website…
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2013-RFM301-a-Dogma-65-1-DI2-Think2-850-Carbon-road-Bicycle-Frame-bike-frames-aero/206707_1763482206.html

Thanks for all your help guys I appreciate it. 😀

gears_suck
    Free Member

It has a two year warranty so, in theory, you’ll get at least that out of it.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Man – sorry – as that’s your second post – and both posts link to promoted stuff- Im saying: SPAM.

I could be wrong.

Reported.

shortcut

Why would anyone want a fake Pinarello? Unsafe and not very ethical.

Harry_the_Spider

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8huXkSaL7o[/video]?

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t see why it’s spam – first post asking about road wheels, now frames from a different country. Seems innocent.

Personally I’d happily have a Chinese carbon frame, but I’d get one to their own design, not a complete replica of another manufacturers work!

martymac

mate of mine runs our lbs, and he has a fake pinarello in waiting for something or other, so i had a quick look at it.
    it looks fine, i havent had a look at a real one, so i cant compare, but certainly it looks really nice.
    But . . .
    its built with ultegra, yet weighs at least as much as my (probably cheaper) 105 equipped alloy cube.
    also, its a fake, i just wouldnt want to.
    YMMV.

Leku
    Free Member

On the same page it says it has a 2 year warranty, a 5 year warranty and a lifetime warranty.

Nice to know it has soo many warranties..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Why buy a fake of a fugly overweight overpriced frame? Far nicer fake and ‘own brand’ stuff out there. I bought a carbon seatpost from Aliexpress as much out of curiosity as anything. Seriously considering some carbon wheels based on positive experience and other positive reviews.

speedsterkid
    Free Member

Hi I’d just like to say I’m not spam I just was asking for some opinions from others. And i don’t want to buy anything that’s not as good as what it says on the packet as i don’t have the most money in the world.
    thanks to those who didnt call me spam (especially njee20)

CountZero

How about this: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRHOTRCAFR/holdsworth-trentino-carbon-frameset
    There are a few others on Planet X’s site that are around your budget.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Well speedster – if I’m wrong (and it does happen!) then I genuinely apologise.

But your only other post is ressurecting an 8 month old thread and your reply includes a link which is also strange in my book.

I’ll duck out of this now and wont say any more on the topic – good luck with your enquiry.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

For £399.99 you can buy a Dolan l’etape frameset that rides very nicely.

speedsterkid
    Free Member

thanks guys for the opinions. i’m definitely not gonna get the fake poinnarelo now and i will either get the Dolan l’etape frameset or the Holdsworth Trentino Carbon Frameset. and thanks couldashouldawoulda. no hard feelings. buy the way my name speedsterkid comes from the name of my bike (scott speedster 60) (not because i think of myself as amazing because im certainly not) and im a kid (im not revealing my exact age) 😀

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’m not sure about the UK but in Germany the customs would destroy that as copies of other products are not allowed.

Haze

Nice, but the stays look all bent and stuff.

Cougar

On the same page it says it has a 2 year warranty, a 5 year warranty and a lifetime warranty.

No, it says it comes with LIFE INSURANCE. Which is good, I think I’d want life insurance before riding that thing.

Still, you pay your money, you make your sagacity choose.

mav12
    Free Member

think merlin had some framesets for 400

jameso

Personally for £400 I’d rather have a Kinesis or similar..

mtbtomo
    Free Member

If you want cheap chinese, I’d go for one that isn’t trying to pass itself off as something more expensive.

Hongfu are worth a look but probably a bit more than £300.

And I bought a Microshift groupset from a seller on Aliexpress before now, so there are some reliable sellers on there.

rOcKeTdOg

I have a Chinese road frame via Aliexpress from Flyxii, the whole process was painless & your money isn’t released to the seller until you have the frame & have inspected/built it up & ridden it (i think it was 29days Grace from receipt) mine has now done around 500 miles on the dodgy roads around here & I’m very pleased with it so far

But I’d not have a chinarelo there are just too many of them being sold by everyone
    Filter your search by units sold for a guide to reliable sellerd

velodromerocket
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Please, please, please don’t buy a fake Pinarello!

Ignoring all the safety risks and moral arguments, we’re now having a lot of items seized and destroyed as well as prosecuting the repeat offenders. That’s the full bike seized not just the frame.

It’s not particularly nice taking someone’s bike off them but if they purchased it knowing it was a fake then there’s really no argument.

Plenty of cheap legal alternatives.

Cheers

Si

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Is this frame a good enough quality or is it gonna fall apart?’ is closed to new replies.