Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Is this as bad an idea as Mrs Feet says?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

First thing on Tuesday 13th Nov I’m having a knee arthroscopy for a general look around a ‘fix whatever we need to’ – Consultant’s words.

On the evening of 15th November I’m supposed to be at a gig at the Hammersmith Odeon (no not going to call the the ‘Apollo’ – ever!).

I reckon it will be a bit painful, but doable seeing as I will be sitting on a train to London, then sitting on Tubes to Hammersmith. Once in I can lurk futher back than normal and lean on one of the mahoosive barriers downstairs

Mrs Feet reckons I’m an idiot (nothing new there) for still wanting to go.

What could possibly go wrong?

Lifer
    Free Member

What gig?

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

what’s the gig?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What gig?

One Direction, with JLS in support.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If that’s keyhole (Dunno the term you used) then you’ll probably be walking, carefully, on crutches for a few days.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Drink lots.
    It wont hurt a bit

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Steel Panther!!!

No way I want to miss that.

….and I want to take a picture of 17 Girls in A Row 😈

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes keyhole – had it done 6 years back, seem to remember it hurting like a b******d for a bit, but didn’t use crutches last time. If I go to gig, I definately will use some

philconsequence
    Free Member

steel panther…. use crutches, pretend one of the crutches is a guitar and wear a bandana. instant gig hero.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

use crutches, pretend one of the crutches is a guitar and wear a bandana. instant gig hero.

WIN!

Was going to be going to the self same gig, but can’t make it now. 🙁

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Lovin’ the gig hero idea!

Flashy – that’s poor, unless Asian Hookers are involved!

Edit: May as well see how many Panther song titles I can get in here!

philconsequence
    Free Member

there used to be a rock club in guildford on the first tuesday of the month called ‘the loft’ there was a chap there who had a near permanent damaged leg, every month he’d turn up in crutches and wait for his favourite hardcore songs, then go mental swinging the crutches around, doing that silly cappywhatsit (hardcore dancing) using the crutches to hold himself up then every single guitar solo the crutch would turn into the best airguitar ever.

bandana, blond permed ringletty shoulder length hair, sleeveless shirts, denim tight cut off jeans.

hero.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Very much not the case, I assure you. 🙂

nacho
    Free Member

Don’t wanna put a downer on you but, I had a knee arthroscopsy back in June. They told me I might be able to walk out without crutches straight after the op. When I woke up a had a knee brace on and it had to stay on for 6 weeks to stop me bending my knee past 60 degrees. They told me the op was “more complicated than we thought”. TBF I seem to have been very unlucky as some can pretty much walk unaided straight after the op. Be prepared to potentially miss the gig though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Be prepared to potentially miss the gig though

I am really hoping I’ll make it, but it’s in the back of my mind.

I did say to Mrs Feet If You Really Really Love Me, you’d drive me there!

DezB
    Free Member

There’s really a band called “Steel Panther” ??!
    Now, *scratches chin* I wonnnnder what sort of music that will be..

philconsequence
    Free Member

debz, they’re crude, rude, shocking, rocking and most importantly… immature.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There’s really a band called “Steel Panther” ??!
    Now, *scratches chin* I wonnnnder what sort of music that will be..

WARNING – if you google, more than likely NSFW!

hels
    Free Member

Why don’t you borrow a wheelchair from the hospital ? Seriously – I remember going to gigs back in the day and there were always a few guys in wheelchairs, mostly motorbike gang members as I recall (I had much dodgier taste in music when I were young).

In this day in age of improved access you might even get a better view than standing. But make sure you wear a leather jacket and a bandana.

atlaz
    Free Member

There’s usually a big platform somewhere near the back at Hammersmith for wheelchairs or disabled people. Should call them and see if you can get a seat up there

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

As long as I have crutches, I reckon I’ll be OK – no way am I going in a wheelchair!

Northwind

If you’re confident and mobile on crutches then you ought to be OK- I went to a ton of gigs on crutches, some were a bit hairy but most were fine. You’ll just need to judge the pain level at the time, and obviously be a bit careful about the situations you put yourself in.

Met a chap at the Reading festival who’d dislocated his kneecap on day zero, and did the rest of the weekend by crutches, tubigrip and weed. Probably wouldn’t do that.

dashed
    Free Member

I had a similar, straightforward arthroscopy to you a couple of years ago. Not much pain but wouldn’t have gone to a gig 2 days later. Leg was stiff and bending it (for sitting on tube / train) just wasn’t going to happen.

Sandwich

Post it note sales must be going well 😀

Cougar

Death to all butt metal.

DezB
    Free Member

WARNING – if you google, more than likely NSFW!

You know what I have to do now…

ThePinkster

bandana, blond permed ringletty shoulder length hair, sleeveless shirts,

Description was going really well until –

denim tight cut off jeans

I’ve now got a mental picture of some glam rocker in Kylie style denim hotpants. 😯

Can someone please pass the mind bleach….

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm my browser seems to have defaulted to some kind of early 80s mode. How did that happen? Hang on I’ll phone support, then try it again.

philconsequence
    Free Member

careful using crutches when they turn out the lights

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

careful using crutches when they turn out the lights

That’s a good one!

Maybe I can find a Fat Girl to lean on, after all That’s What Girls Are For

xcgb
    Free Member

Hammersmith Odeon (no not going to call the the ‘Apollo’ – ever!).

+1 thought it was just me!

warton
    Free Member

Years ago I went to a Black Rebel Motorcycle club gig with what turned out to be a fractured bone in my ankle. I had to leave early, I was nearly in tears. The Nurse the next morning knew that I had been out the night before on it, as it was incredibly red and swollen and I was in bits…

I’d rest it

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Right, the op went OK and so did the gig. In fact, the gig was flippin’ excellent. The Panther boys put on an excellent show!

Aside from some swelling (knee, nothing else!) I think I got away with it.

40mpg
    retro83
    Free Member

Argh man. Missed Steel Panther! 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Saw Steel Panther supporting Def Leppard on their last tour with Motley Crue – never seen them or even heard of them before, they were FANTASTIC!

mattsccm
    Free Member

I had a good chopping job done in the same way. A bit sore that night but was back on the bike in less than 48 hours. Can’t say I even noticed anything other than what a minor flesh wound would feel like.
    4 years later and I can’t run or walk down hill though.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Is this as bad an idea as Mrs Feet says?’ is closed to new replies.