Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is this a good idea?
  • rascal
    Free Member

https://www.aldi.co.uk/exercise-bike-/p/099538311130200

Getting some fitness back is my goal in early 2020. This gives me some data to guide me, is small enough to fit in the house plus the wife can use it. Is this sensible or a crazy waste of money? Piss-taking is allowed.

jekkyl

I bet you can find cheaper on ebay but yes it’s cheap enough to not be a total waste if you don’t use it.

Gunz
    Free Member

I use an exercise bike, but it’s the expensive ones in the gym that can be adjusted in all directions to give a good cycling position. I’m afraid that cheap Aldi one looks like it would quickly become frustrating to anyone who regularly cycles properly. An expensive clothes hanger I reckon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Secondhand turbo trainer instead?

ThePinkster

Only speaking from personal (and expensive) experience but I find that any home exercise equipment gets used for about 3 weeks then gts ignored, mostly because it’s so boring.

I find I get far more exercise and got far fitter by getting out and making use of what’s around me, like going running, only using the stairs at work (I do work on the 12th floor though, which probably helps), stuff like that.

A reasonable pair of trainers might cost slightly more than that exercise bike but I bet you’d get more use out of them.

The whole world is a gym if you approach it the right way so save some money and use it.

scaredypants

My money’s on that being fairly shit.

I bet you could get something like a kurt kinetic from ebay for about the same money, esp after new year if loads of folk buy smart trainers. It’d need to be local though – I imagine it’d cost a bomb to deliver.

It’s a dumb trainer but add a speed sensor and it’ll work with zwift etc.
    They have a reputation for being totally bulletproof so age shouldn’t matter.

If you live anywhere near Southampton I could lend you one to try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is this a good idea?’ is closed to new replies.