Is this a genuine buyer? You decide my reply..!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Is this a genuine buyer? You decide my reply..!
  • mildred

A reply to my autotrader advert – how do you think I should “proceed”?

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back, Anyway, I agree to buy at your price and i am keen myself. How I wish i could come for inspection but i’m currently offshore for my missionary and will be away for quite a number of weeks,precisely 9weeks according to the programme.

Here is the deal, I know you can’t possibly wait for 9weeks but I will make full payment to you and once your payment clears, I will arrange for a shipper to contact you and pick it up from you. This is the best way I can handle this professionally cos I am keen like I said earlier.

Due to this inability to bring cash physically, the best way to pay for me would be through PayPal which is safer for you and I plus i will cover the PayPal transfer fees. Kindly send me a PayPal payment invoice or create an account atwww.PayPal.com if you dont have one.

I hope we have a deal? Have a nice day and please,I’d like to know certain things too; Are you the first owner? What is your reason for selling? I’m sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before i proceed

Regard

molgrips

Why is he shopping for cars he can’t collect?

sargey

Have you got a bargepole?

sargey

If not you can borrow mine.

Premier Icon aracer

This one is best left to the professionals. Let me have your bank account details and the answers to your security questions and I’ll handle it for you.

If sargey has one I might just use it to touch it with his, via yours.

No. No. No.

Mantastic

Stay well clear

Konastoner

Your reply should be………..KISS MY ASS!(Unless he pays by Paypal Gift of course) 😆

nealglover

You will get a forged company cheque or bank draft.

The last one I got was from Severn Trent Water, I sent it to them to sort out if they had a security issue.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

I got a few PayPal/courier collection email offers when I used autotrader, just ignore them.

mikewsmith

Personally, if it was a slow week I’d bounce some emails just to pass the time

gmex619

Agreed. PPG only*. Anything else tell them too f*** right off..

(*I am ofcourse joking)

andrewh

Try asking for PP gift,you never your luck!

konabunny

Ask them to tell you more about their missionary work because you have strong religious beliefs and wouldn’t want to deal with an infidel. Whatever their answer is, disagree with then and then refuse to deal with then until they convert to your (confused and contradictory) belief system.

neilc1881

I had loads of these when using auto trader. I reported them to their office, who claimed to be ‘doing something about them’ that was nearly a year ago! It is a scam (so i was told) but I have no idea how it works.

If STW are going to help you with a reply, then my offering is simply

“Kiss my hairy arse you robbing scum”

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

The serious answer don’t engage at all. At the moment you’re just an anonymous email address from a classified ad. Try to toy with them, tease them, offend them and that email address gets a personality type attached to it – thats really useful. No matter how obtuse you’re trying to be you are telling them something about yourself. That makes you a target for future, much more specifically tailored scam attempts. At best thats just more annoyance, at worst they might actually get one over on you.

Tom B

Avoid!!!! You’ll more than likely gey a fake paypal ‘payment reveived’ email.

phil.w

It is a scam (so i was told) but I have no idea how it works.

They pay you through Paypal, collect the car in person. Then open a dispute with Paypal claiming they haven’t received the car. You have no proof of delivery so lose the claim. Paypal refund and you’re out of pocket.

Never accept Paypal for goods collected in person.

Though I do wonder if once the money is received into your bank if you close the Paypal account you can have the car and money ?

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

you can have the car and money ?

You’ll have the car and the money. They’ll have your address and grudge. So that should work out just fine 🙂

mildred

konabunny – Member
    Ask them to tell you more about their missionary work because you have strong religious beliefs and wouldn’t want to deal with an infidel. Whatever their answer is, disagree with then and then refuse to deal with then until they convert to your (confused and contradictory) belief system.

Love this.

Premier Icon slowoldgit

It’s the start of a process, the beginning of which is a spamming of emails. This sorts out enough who are gullible, and they proceed from there. Don’t do anything more than reporting them.

Jrrr

i had nearly the same message when selling a car on piston heads last year…

obviously i did not go ahead and sold it to someone who brought a nice wedge of cash with them whilst viewing 🙂

freeagent

Yep, had exactly the same message when I sold a car 3 years ago…

curvature

Same person who wanted my Ducati.

tonyd

Have a read of this site, it might help you construct your response 🙂

Rockhopper

Nothing do do with PayPal, it’ll be a fake/stolen cheque scam. The PayPal lure is to make you think its genuine but at the last moment the buyers PayPal account will stop working and he will pay you by cheque which will probably be for far more than the goods are worth, you cash the cheque and send him excess (usually by Western Union Transfer – untraceable). No one will come and collect the car but in about six or eight weeks time your bank will inform you that the cheque was fake and take their money back.
    In the USA you could even end up in jail as its a serious offence to attempt to bank a stolen/fake cheque.

i’m currently offshore for my missionary

tell him you appreciate his position, you’ve been in the same one yourself.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Is this a genuine buyer? You decide my reply..!’ is closed to new replies.