Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is this a bad bit of cable routing?
  • bradley
    Free Member

Cable/chainring

Lapierre X-Control 110 for what it’s worth. Bike is about 4 months old and the cable isn’t showing any signs of rubbing on the chainring but its silly close, am I going to die if it gets caught and wrapped around the chainring?

shermer75
    Free Member

A small cat somewhere will die every time you turn those pedals. Did it come like that? It does look crazy close….

bradley
    Free Member

Yeah it came like that. It’s close enough to not be able to fit a finger between them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oldgit
    Free Member

It does look very wrong, but I assume that’s how it should be?

The odd thing to me is that half of the cable guide is redundant, yet you have this affair going on. It all looks afterthought’ish

JEngledow
    Free Member

Should the cable be clipped into the black plastic guide (below where the gear cable is)?

bradley
    Free Member

In order for it to fit into that cable guide I would need to put some bends in it…feeding my daughter ATM but will go and have a look at some sort of re-route. It’s never really bothered me before but I know it’s not right lol.

bradley
    Free Member

Cable tie around bottom bracket tubing will hold it away from the chainrings, don’t have to hand ATM though.

STATO
    Free Member

What your not showing in that pic is the cable clip just off the left of the picture, stopping it moving across. It might rattle a little and maybe could get knocked, but its gear cable so pretty stiff.

It should NOT be in the BB mounted cable guide, thats for the front mech. The other slot would be for a HT, this is a Full sus bike, it needs to be free to account for suspension movement.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Personally I’d put a small P-clip on the screw for the BB-mounted cable guide and run it though that – will hold it out of the way of the chainrings but still allow it to move with the sus travel.

bradley
    Free Member

P-clip is a good idea. Will do that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is this a bad bit of cable routing?’ is closed to new replies.