Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is there much snow at Dalby?
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

I’m thinking about heading over there tomorrow, was wondering if anybody had ridden there in the last couple of days.

Cheers!

Neil.

uplink
    Free Member
    fatgit
    Free Member

Bump as I am planning to go on Sunday.
    Do the current conditions mean its not worth the trip-over an hours drive?
    Cheers
    Steve

uplink
    Free Member

The access road is open but the trails are closed – whether that bothers you or not I dunno

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/dalbyforest

jonathan
    Free Member

I was going to get out in the forest this morning before work… but ended up lying in instead 😉

It’s pretty snowy up there and, based on previous experience, will be pretty hard going (either crusty snow or ice). So it’ll be fun, if you’re in the mood for it! I’ll be riding tomorrow, but I’m not spending time in a car to do it. To be honest anywhere at that sort of height is going to be pretty snowy, although the open moors will have more chance of drifts than the forests will.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Im supposed to be off up there tomorrow.

If it says the trails are closed does that mean you are stopped from riding them, or they just think they arent rideable?

jonathan
    Free Member

I doubt they’d stop anyone from riding – it’d be impossible to police. I suspect insurance requirements demand that they say the trails are closed in some conditions.

I suspect you will only be able to drive as far as the visitor centre though, I heard there has been at least one accident on (or rather in a ditch next to) the forest drive this week.

fitwit3
    Free Member

i was up there yesterday, you can ride but its very hard going, dint make it all the way around. fairly deep snow crusty snow on all the exposed trails. not all the trails are officially closed

Neil-S
    Free Member

I sacked it off and rode out of the door instead:

Hard going as there’s a fair old bit of ice under the snow, but a gorgeous day!

Pinkstiffee – would you mind reporting back as I may head over there on Sunday 🙂

Cheers!

Neil.

fatgit
    Free Member

Bump again-anyone been up there today?
    Worth the trip?
    Cheers
    Steve

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Hey Steve

Yeah I went up with a mate.

Had a pretty cool day (literally) loads of snow and a nice white out blizzard at one point.

Managed to ride/walk the whole red route bar the last section (too tired). Was really fun in the woods, the fire roads were very hard going though.

All in all though glad we went. Hard work but fun 😀

rich-6
    Free Member

I’l look out for your snowman with a Penis tomorrow 😆 if i can be arsed to get up early, Like to try out my new bars/grips and Computer so prob will end up there, Now to convince the missus 8)

jonathan
    Free Member

Managed to ride/walk the whole red route bar the last section (too tired). Was really fun in the woods, the fire roads were very hard going though.

Weren’t they just? I was on the pink Surly – bugger that was hard work in the deep bits, especially the trudge back up to the forest drive just after you passed me – Stevie Wonder got me through it 😉

Good work on getting round – it was lovely to be out in it.

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Hey Jonathan

As I said at the time good effort being out on your single speed! 😀 Think I did 60% of the ride in 1st gear! LOL

Matt

Neil-S
    Free Member

I saw your snowman, sadly somebody has removed his unit.

Perhaps some sexually frustrated MTB babe with an itch to scratch???

Pinkstiffee
    Free Member

Ouch! Some people 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is there much snow at Dalby?’ is closed to new replies.