Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is there much Mtb riding close to Oxford
  • Whyte1
    Free Member

I’ll be working at Cowley substation Oxford for two weeks as of Monday and was thinking of taking my mountain bike , so was wondering if there was much in the way of bridle ways or other bits of interest to ride or would my running shoes be of more use .
    Also is there a good shop there that could be of help ?????

towzer

Get OS 165 I think it is
    Lots on both sides of A34 to the S
    Look at Wallingford, Wantage, ridgeway etc etc
    You could probably work your way back from Reading station

towzer

sorry bloody timeout

OS 50000 164
    lots of stuff S of Wantage/Harwell/Lambourn down to N of M4, S of Didcot, E/S of Wallingford

Reading NW to Goring on Thames is nice – Thames fpath to Wallingford has a lot of stily things. Could go W uptowards Ridgeway then N to Didcot

Can do Abingdon S on Thames to Shillingford Bridge, Wittenham Clumps, Long Wittenham, road SW to Level Crossing LC, Sutton Courtney, marked cycle track Abingdon.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Have you got transport? There’s plenty within a short drive, not too sure about immediately locally.

There’s plenty of good bike shops in Oxford – just because I know some of the guys, head to Beeline on Cowley Road and ask for Ben.

oliverracing

I’m up around north-west Oxford,recently went and bought a cyclocross bike to add some degree of challenge – sound east and the Chiltons there is some though if you know where to look! +1 for speaking to the guys in beeline!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is there much Mtb riding close to Oxford’ is closed to new replies.