Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Is there anywhere suitable for riding this weekend???????
  • forge197
    Free Member

Dalbeattie tomorrow car park looks ok and the beginning and end of trails ok bar a few patches of ice so going give it a go, will be taking care and will wear knee and arm pads just in case of any unforseen ice incidents.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

@ Simon – Are you still doing the ride next to windermere tomo, knowing what you know now, what would you recommend for tomo

we were supposed to be doing a tour of Coniston, but judging from what we saw the snow would make that a serious marathon! I did try to scope it out, but at the point where I should have been able to see the lake, the visibility was about 200m and I couldn't make it out – but I cannot imagine it'll be much different tomorrow, the rain we had wasn't making much impresion on the snow at all, except to make it slushier and slower 🙁

As for recommendations – I'm so knackered after today I'm having a lie-in 🙂 I couldn't see conditions further north, so it might be clearer there…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sharki: YGM

yetiguy
    Free Member

Dalbeattie tomorrow car park looks ok and the beginning and end of trails ok bar a few patches of ice so going give it a go, will be taking care and will wear knee and arm pads just in case of any unforseen ice incidents.

is this fact, tempted to go up, but its a fair old drive

forge197
    Free Member

yeti guy – know how you feel wanted to go out last week but it was dire, heading out tomorrow come what may just to spin the legs again!!

oldgit
    Free Member

Came back virtually spotless from Woburn.

rockitman

Went to Todmorden. Fine until you hit the snow line… then 2 hours of pushing and carrying…

jonzo
    Free Member

Just got back from Whinlatter, between 4 and 8 inches of snow still on virtually all of the trail.
    Complete waste of time and totally unrideable.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sharki: just in case you're not getting mail on that account…

The boss say "yes" to me skiving off on Monday afternoon. I'll take my bike to work Monday morning. Could get to Burrington Inn all kitted out by 1pm. Would be worth bringing a bike light if you have one, just in case.

sharki
    Free Member

Buzz, ygm BACK

yetiguy
    Free Member

Gisburn was unrideable this morning – Too much snow and ice

Hopefully gonna head up to dalbeatie next weekend, will be watching the forecast intently all weeek

Esme
    Free Member

We just road out from Halton to Glasson, on the Lancaster cycle paths, then back along the canal (towpath, not canal itself). Nice pub lunch at the Victoria Inn

I peered into the murky depths for signs of the STW Daredevil, or his shorts, but didn't spot anything!

Rampage
    Free Member

Peak District: The hill above Ladybower (Hagg/Gores) was bad today (18-01-10). Pretty unridable, either ice or 4-8" snow was was quite solid. Even the downhills were extremely hard to keep moving.
    Gave up and went home after 4 miles!

Snake Pass is still closed (unless you swerve around the barrier). There are snow drifts 7 foot deep on the eastbound side of the road! Very slippery too, couple of abandoned cars at the bottom.

rustielookinchain
    Free Member

White peak is all rideable, bit soggy in places, but still lots of fun

Andy-W
    Free Member

I walked up Jacob's Ladder on Sunday still loads of deep snow all over the place

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Is there anywhere suitable for riding this weekend???????’ is closed to new replies.