Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is there anywhere in England where it won't be raining on Saturday? Baah!
  • jekkyl

Mrs has got friends over on Saturday and staying over so I’ve got permission for 2 whole days of cycling, 2 fugging days, even with the option of camping out if I want. For the last few days it’s said mostly dry with possible light rain for my intended destinations but now they’ve all turned to double raindrop & possible thunder & lightening. Whereas today & tomorrow (when I can’t cycle) it’s sunny & warm!
    Baaaahhhh!

jam-bo

are you related to the wicked witch of the west?

ndthornton
    Free Member

Iv had exactly the same this year…and last!
    Raining when I get the bike out and Sunny all other times
    I’m considering not signing up for any events ever again

ndthornton
    Free Member

are you related to the wicked witch of the west

I’m guessing he just lives in the west
    Always bloody soggy

maccruiskeen

Just keep you’re plans flexible, its showers not one big blanket across the country, choose your destination on sat am based on that morning’s forecast.

MoreCashThanDash

It will be dry where my lads Scout troop are camping.

It will be dry where they are camping. Please!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Head to west wales.. maybe a few small showers forcast for saturday but otherwise looks ok. Brechfa?

sparkyrhino

Pahh its my b/day satday,it never rains on my b/day,just follow me around.I will be the idiot riding a steel framed h/t in woods in a thunder storm(previous sentence taken from my upcoming obituary)

rocketman
    Free Member

The forecast is for heavy showers Saturday? Mooch around at home with – arrrrrrrrrgghhhhh – the mrs friends (no offence) or go for a bike ride and risk getting a bit wet?

Hmmmm tough decision

jekkyl

taking your comments about the west literally it does appear that the forecast is slightly better in the east. East of sheffield and to the coast appears dry on saturday afternoon. Where’s good for mtbing round there? gainsborough, doncaster, lincoln, skegness etc. Hull? it’s not an area I’m familiar with.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

i thought the thread title might have scotsroutes frothing at the mouth? 😮

chvck
    Free Member

Just wear a coat! It’ll still be warm (probably).

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Pick a place where the BBC are forecasting it will be pouring down and I think you’ll be pretty safe.

dunmail
    Free Member

Rules #9 & #5 apply.

rOcKeTdOg

When did rain become a barrier to riding, you live in GB you must be used to it. Just plan a route with pubs to “shelter” in

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is there anywhere in England where it won't be raining on Saturday? Baah!’ is closed to new replies.