Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Is there anything else like a Diverge to consider?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Hi all, I currently have a Pinnacle Arkose built up which is used mainly used on the road with the occasional bit of singletrack and fire track. I like the Arkose but I want something a bit bigger and higher up at the front as I’m finding the Arkose just a little bit small.

I’m considering the Diverge but I was wondering what else is out there to consider? Budget isn’t massive and I’m considering complete or frame only. The Diverge’s are in the sale at the moment which swaying my decision. I don’t need masses of tyre clearance either, up to 35 is fine and I don’t need room for mudguards etc. Any thoughts greatly appreciated?

13thfloormonk

I’ve been through this process and seem to remember that very little is actually taller or shorter than an Arkose (or, for that matter, a Defy, a Roubaix, a Synapse, a Datum, etc. etc.). Stack heights all seem to hover around 600mm for a large size.

Lots of steel touring style bikes are probably shorter and taller (Salsa Vaya being one) but heavier etc.

The Giant Anyroad Comax looks like one of the best bets, taller and shorter than most but lighter and faster (I assume) than a steel tourer.

Apparently the GT Grades are taller and shorter than average too, there’s something weird going on with the geometry numbers but an XL barely gets any longer but gets 3cm taller at the front, nicer looking and nicer specced than the Anyroad but apparently massive standover.

Anyway, I gave up and just got a mountainbike again, haven’t got the time for any meaningful road rides anyway…

renton
    Free Member

Ive just been looking into this as well and ended up with a 2013 Specialized Secteur elite.

I previously had a Genesis Equilibrium which for my size found to long and to low.

The Large Secteur (58 cm so maybe XL) has a reach of 391mm and a stack of 622mm

teadrinker
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

Renton how are you getting on with yours?

philwarren11
    Free Member

In true recommend what you own style… Orro Terra Gravel. I’m loving it for my commute at the moment.

renton
    Free Member

Ha I havent rode it yet as Im stuck down the Falklands and not back until September.

I just wanted a road bike with a higher front end and looking around the Secteur/Diverge seems to fit the bill

ampthill

Gt grade is the one that is high at the front

But these bikes really aren’t that different. A slight up slope on the stem will achieve the same thing. Is that not something that you could live with?

In a large an Arkose is only 27mm higher then a Diverge. Flipping a 7 degree 100mm stem lifts the bars 23mm and costs nothing. If you’ve done that already try a higher angle stem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Is there anything else like a Diverge to consider?’ is closed to new replies.