• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • is there any way to disable that annoying red alert notification up the top ?
  • sofaking
    Free Member

apart from not partaking in the forums ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m up to 1378 at the moment. Annoying isn’t it? #grrrface

rOcKeTdOg

select all and batch delete works for me

tjagain

only 20 at a time – and takes half a dozen(ish) clicks to delete those 20. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could click on the notification and it did something useful like take you tothe comment.

Pity poor Mattoutandabout who started the brexit thread!

convert

I can only imagine what Matt_outandabout is up to having started the EU thread.

It’s only 4 clicks to reduce your notification number by 25, so Eddiebaby just think in just 230 clicks you can have it reset back to zero.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just ignore them, on mobile they can’t be seen anyway which helps

select all and batch delete works for me

So we know how to get rid of them one page at a a time, great, anyone know what they are actually for yet?

scuttler

It’s an important-o-meter and the easiest way to know if your in that big boys club. It should change colour like some sort of air miles tiering system.

convert

anyone know what they are actually for yet?

You can click on them and it sends you straight to the thread so you can read the latest responses. Oh, wait. No, that’s not what happens.

funkmasterp

I just ignore it. What’s it actually supposed to do?

kayak23

scotroutes

It’s a sign that the folk supporting this forum never actually use it. Can you imagine logging in on a regular basis, seeing that and not being so bloody ashamed that you would, at the very least, remove it?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Have you ever considered the possibility that god STW does not like you?

pipm1
    Free Member

Is there no way to unsubscribe from a thread? That’ll be the last time I post up a good PSA thread! 😀

Houns

Bonus of this site logging you out…. Just wait 30mins then you don’t have to look at it

mattyfez

Just use opera mobile browser, you basically can’t see it then 😉

https://i.imgur.com/NU0vZle.png

docgeoffyjones

I get a notification every time I get a message. I find it very helpful as it reminds me to refocus my vision 5mm to the left on the easily missed red message icon.

damascus
    Free Member

Plus 1 for opera from me too.

tomhoward

Is this just a humblebrag?

‘Oh I have sssooooo many replies to my threads I just can’t cope!’

CountZero

I just don’t pay those red blobs any attention at all; much like the notifications I get from Fb and Twitter.
    I’ve never even tapped on them to see what their significance is. Does that make me a bad man?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘is there any way to disable that annoying red alert notification up the top ?’ is closed to new replies.