Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is there any reason i shouldn’t???
  • danmac
    Free Member

Last one on suspension forks now, i promise… Maybe. Is there any reason i shouldnt make change the current RS Judy 120mm on my hardtail to a RS Pike ultimate 140mm? My main aim is for something more capable and less flimsy. Unfortunately budget to upgrade complete bike is not there so this seems the logical step forward to me. Current offset on the Judy is 44 and the pike is 42 but i doubt il notice that. Any advice appreciated

pickle
    Free Member

None at all, the pikes will be world’s better 👍

kimbers

The pike will blow the judy out of the water

How old is the frame? Tapered?, you’ll be raising the bb a wee bit & slackening the ha by a degree or so

That will feel odd for a couple of rides, then you’ll just have a much better fork & more capable bike!

danmac
    Free Member

@kimbers The frame is 2020 Trek Roscoe 7. Yes tapered. I can’t imagine plus 20mm on travel is going to put enough extra strain to worry about?

tabletop2
    Free Member

Roscoe is a good base to start so would be worth it I’d say. I wouldn’t go more than 20mm but you should be fine. will slacken it about a degree, but it’s not super slack to start so go for it

danmac
    Free Member

Thanks @tabletop2! I feel the only major crux with it now is the fork, however when i bought it at the back end of 2019 my riding wasnt where it is now.

tabletop2
    Free Member

The revlelations are also pretty good. same chasis as a Pike but different damper. Wouldn’t be quite as nice as a Pike but still far better than the Judy

danmac
    Free Member

Well after deliberation, ive just purchased a 2020 Pike Ultimate to go on the steed 😏

joebristol

Good work – that’s a huge upgrade over a Judy. My older 2017 Pike RC felt worlds better then my nephews Recon Gold RL Solo Air.

The Pike Ultimate is a step on from my old Pikes (I’ve got some ultimate rc2s in 140mm travel on my hardtail now) and the Judy isn’t as good as the Recon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.