Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Is there an On-one or an Alpkit seller of tents?
  • mlke
    Free Member

Well as the post says. I'm after a two man tent for cycle camping. There's seems to be some v expensive euro made tents and some v cheap shockingly bad Tesco tents but does someone make cheap wellmade tents?

sssimon
    Free Member

vango for something cheap that works

Baldysquirt

I know you used to be able to get cosmetic seconds from Saunders, who make fantastic tents. We used a Galaxy for a 7 month cycle tour and, although a wee bit heavy, it was spacious (very), easy to pitch, and tough in all weathers.

tragically1969
    Free Member

+1 for vango, i have 4 tents of price ranges from £100 to £500, i would reach for the £250 Vango everytime

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I'd also say Vango, I got a Vango 'something or other' 2 man tunnel tent a few months ago. Seems very well designed and well made … seem to recall it was below £100.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

I think Decathlon were selling cheap North Face Tadpoles when I was last in there, albeit it was a while ago. They are not the lightest tents but are excellent for the money and will stand up to winter use too.

Just to add I have recently bought a Big Agnes Seedhouse (I think that's what it's called) for cycle touring. Its a self supporting tent that weighs about 1.5kg. I wanted something that was more substantial thant he Laser comps. I'm really pleased with it.

tragically1969
    Free Member

and will stand up to winter use too.

I beg to differ on that one, to long a story to go into but there are better tents out there for the money.

Olly
    Free Member

http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/gelert_mongoose_2_tent__1190?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=ProductSearch

i got one of these.

got it for a similar price as that, its a direct rip off of a much more expensive mountain tent.
    used it into the ground.
    loads of DofE expeditions, bike camping, non bike camping.
    takes seconds to put up once youve done it a few times, plenty light enough if you split it between 2 people.

the only reason its retired is the fibre glass in the poles has finally given up.
    its done MORE than its fair share of work.
    the side entrances are really useful, each person has a porch on thier own side for boots etc.
    and its shape means if you position it well, the wind scoops off it, and there is always one door in the shelter.

reccomended

mlke
    Free Member

thanks for the above. I'll do some searching about

ajantom

One of these from Decathlon – 2 man lightweight tent – packs down really small, only weighs about 1.5-2 kilos. Lightweight, orange anodised aluminium poles and pegs (quite cool looking 8) ).

I've used mine all round the UK, Ireland, Sweden (and at a few festivals too!)

You do have to be VERY good friends with whoever you share it with though!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Is there an On-one or an Alpkit seller of tents?’ is closed to new replies.