Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is there a way of not creating a PayPal account…
  • fadda

…when you buy stuff from Spokeshirts?

I was delighted they’re back on, I’d like at least three of the t-shirts, but I can’t see how to complete checkout without creating yet another online account, that I don’t want.

What am I missing…?

maccruiskeen

From their FAQs

We use PayPal, which means we don’t store any of your details. You don’t need a PayPal account to pay by PayPal – choose the ‘Checkout as a Guest’ option and you can use a debit or credit card.

slackboy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fadda

So I checkout as a guest, but once I’ve entered my card details, it insists that I input email address and a password before it will complete the transaction.

Hurumph. No Spokeshirts t-shirts for fadda.

<throws toys>

scotroutes

There’s a site selling tinfoil hats that doesn’t need you to log in.

Daffy

So., go to g-mail, create an account, use the account for the transaction, then close the account. 5 mins at most.

It seems like a whole load of faff to go to in order not to get a receipt, but it’s your life.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Did I read how Yahoo got hacked, or was I imagining it. PayPal can have my credit card details, that would be the Bank’s problem if they lose them. I’m with the OP.

slackboy

the email address is so they can send you payment confirmation. the password and signing up are optional.

fadda

Thanks slackboy – looks like I was both ham-fisted AND paranoid!

mrchrispy

after they decide to keep ebay payments in a pending state for nearly a month I’m actively avoiding paypal now. bar’stewards

Daffy

That’s only for new accounts or those with recent changes/odd activity.

nixie

Did I read how Yahoo got hacked, or was I imagining it. PayPal can have my credit card details, that would be the Bank’s problem if they lose them. I’m with the OP.

Sigh, only idiots store credit card details now. If you don’t choose to save then they should only have a transaction reference and even if you save a card it should only be a token. Either way it’s not your problem if the card is used fraudulently.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is there a way of not creating a PayPal account…’ is closed to new replies.