Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Is there a true PAYG for iPad?
  • AlexSimon

i.e. Pay £10 for 1GB and use it at your leisure? Top up again when you run out?

I don’t want a rolling contract as I only use the data once in a blue moon, but I’d really like the option.

I’d prefer Orange/T-Mobile, then Vodaphone. But would like to know of anything.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Have you got an iPhone? Just use the tethering option.

AlexSimon

I’d forgotten about that option – cheers paulosoxo!

MartynS

check your iphone contract before you tether it to the ipad..
    quite a few tariffs charge extra for tethering

Vodaphone used to do what you wanted, not sure they still do.

I’d be interested in what you find out, same sort of issue here as well…

GrahamS

O2 used to charge extra for tethering, but don’t now (on my contract at least).

No point in getting an iPad with 3G in my opinion, unless you particularly need proper GPS on it.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

giff gaff do data only PAYG packages if you do need to go down that route

murf
    Free Member

Have a look at samba mobile data sim cards. Uses 3 network and you earn data by watching some adverts so you don’t actually have to pay for data.
    Stick some adverts on while you make a cup of tea and enjoy free data at your leisure 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m on 3 for my iPad and use the top up £15 3gig download. I stream lots of music on the train and yet have never gone over the limit. I do however go over the 1gig limit (@ £10 )
    I primarily went down the PAGO to asses the amount of data usage I would need, since its been static @ around the £15 mark for 6+ mths now, I have decided to continue on PAGO but opt for 3’s rolling monthly top up which now gives me 10gig download instead of the 3gig on the normal PAGO tariff.
    I don’t tether no point IMO.
    I do use Sky’s wifi network quite a lot which is surprisingly widely available.

AlexSimon

I’m on Orange and used it successfully all weekend. Thanks paulosoxo!

Much nicer for navigating than the iPhone.
    It’s free to tether on Orange, T-Mobile and EE, but obviously uses up your data allowance (which I guess can be significant when downloading retina resolution maps, etc).

I’ll only use it occasionally, so it’s not worth it for me personally to get a separate sim for the iPad – in fact I should have saved money on the iPad and just got the wifi version.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Is there a true PAYG for iPad?’ is closed to new replies.