Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)
  • Is there a more pointless car than the BMW X6?
  • easyrider
    Free Member

On road rides we had a phrase ‘He’s hard in his car’ about bad or aggressive drivers.
    The X6 is just another example of this (basically a dick extension for wimps).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I saw a couple of guys in one the other day in Manchester. They didn’t look like wimps to me.

easyrider
    Free Member

Yes but no but you’re missing the point : they would be wimps on a bike.
    Totally not biking folk.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

Passat CC is a great car.. the mistake they made was calling it Passat CC if they had re-badged it some other luxury VW name then it would have had a place in the line up. its basically aluxury pasat which they don’t make.

BoardinBob

Regarding the porsche Panamera, how is that pointless? It’s about the most practical car Porsche make. Ugly, maybe but I like it a lot.

But why would you want a Porsche that was made for a purpose?

Buying sportscars, supercars, hypercars etc should be about wanton excess, not boring family practicality. Buy a 5 series touring if you want to lug a load or carry feral children to soccer practice.

easyrider
    Free Member

Think you’re hard?
    Get up Burrington Coombe in under 7:20 on a bike then.
    etc
    etc
    Fight from your strengths not weaknesses.
    Being big does not make you hard : it just means you are heavy.

BoardinBob

I saw a couple of guys in one the other day in Manchester. They didn’t look like wimps to me

Most drug dealers aren’t wimps

freeagent
    Free Member

The X6 is a fairly pointless car, but when you consider the market they are aiming for (RR Sport, Big Audis, BMW X5) it kind of makes sense – I mean how often do you see a RR Sport or BMW X5 being used to its full potential? round where I live most RR Sports are used to transport kids to School, then their mums onto the beauticians, so if you are only using your huge, powerfull status symbol for these tasks, does it matter if it is a coupe? it isn’t going to be running garden waste to the council tip or picking up paving slabs from Wickes anytime soon…

As far as i’m concerned the X6 is an automotive posh handbag, pointless, but if you like it, why not?

Is it really any different to fat middle aged men buying a 4k mountain bike and riding it round Swinley forest once a month?

Even if I lived an idle rich lifestyle I doubt I’d buy an X6, mostly because i’d rather have an Audi RS6… and a Bowler Wildcat for when it snowed…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And I bet they can look after themselves, even if they can’t make it up Burrington Combe in seven and a third minutes. Immagonna shout that at them if I see them again though. They’ll be so deflated.

5lab

Passat CC is a great car.. the mistake they made was calling it Passat CC if they had re-badged it some other luxury VW name then it would have had a place in the line up. its basically aluxury pasat which they don’t make.

they do make a luxury passat. its called the phaeton.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes but no but you’re missing the point : they would be wimps on a bike.
    Totally not biking folk.

I’m sure there must be stuff you’re not good at. Just because someone isn’t into the same stuff as you doesn’t make them a whimp or a cock. Being quick on a bike doesn’t mean you’re ‘hard’ it just means you’re quick on a bike.

If you’ve got the money to spend on a lease or to buy the car then who cares (apart from uptight people on here).

easyrider
    Free Member

I saw a couple of guys in one the other day in Manchester. They didn’t look like wimps to me

I disagree with your statement : Most drug dealers are, in fact, wimps.

Now the statement ‘Most members of the SAS are not wimps’ is a fact. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not these two. They’d have had your shaven legs for breakfast.

easyrider
    Free Member

Not up Burrington Coombe tho 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think the X6 might just catch you at the top. Only just mind. 🙂

easyrider
    Free Member

Now you are being ridiculous.
    If I was allowed to burn hydro-carbons then I would use my Cr250R motocross bike, or my mates GSXR11….

aracer
    Free Member

I don’t drive an X6?

Cayenne then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The SMART coupé.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

they do make a luxury passatreally cheap rebadged Bentley. It’s called the Phaeton.

FTFY. 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

they do make a luxury passat. its called the phaeton.

I thought the phaeton was a whole lot bigger than the passat like a A4 vs A6.

Passat CC is definitely smaller than the phaeton.

corroded
    Free Member

I’d have to nominate a ‘fully-loaded’ sports ute, such as the Holden SS – 2 seats, in a pick-up that can’t go offroad on account of massive alloys and no ground clearance. Plus, must have terrifying handling due to less weight over rear wheels, so not sporty either. That said, perfect for revving around town.

willard

The last X6 I saw would struggle worse that my Passat in rubbish/slightly dodgy conditions… Anything with tyres that ridiculously wide on would get bogged on damp grass, let alone snow. Mind you, the same could be said for just about any modern Range Rover.

And to think that they were invented to allow a farmer something smart to go into town with on the weekend after a hard week driving round his farm.

5lab

I thought the phaeton was a whole lot bigger than the passat like a A4 vs A6.

Passat CC is definitely smaller than the phaeton.

it is, but the CC passat isnt really any more expensive than the regular passat (comparing like-for-like spec). Given the phaeton looks a lot like a passat, you could claim its just a luxury one 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

under that criteria i kind of agree then… hmmmm.

Although you can get the 3.6 V6 in the CC, and if we’re splitting hairs, Why a scirocco? same as 3 door golf? except 3 door golf is better and the R has 4×4… pointless.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

glad to see others share my utter distaste for the Kia Soul, but whoever posted the picture up has done it wrong, because it needs to be shown from this angle too:

flange
    Free Member

I can see the OP’s point to an extent – they aren’t particularly roomy inside, not massively quick (unless its an ‘M’) and they’re expensive to run, buy and maintain.

However, having recently gone from a small 2-seater (Cayman) to a Q7, for long commutes its a god send. Its a pleasure to drive on major roads, stick it on cruise, heated seats on and just waft along. My average speed is also much lower because the desire to go 100mph everywhere just doesn’t exist. If that X6 is anything like mine, I totally get it.

I’ve also got a van, and for the 400 mile round trip to Wales and back for a bike trip, I’d take the Q7 every day even though it costs a bit more in fuel obviously

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’d be more than happy to have an X6, in fact I was going to buy an X5 and then the recession hit, so for now I’ll have to be happy with my 3 series.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think the Kia Soul looks very cool. I thought the thread was about pointless cars, how is the Kia Soul pointless?

clubber
    Free Member

yeah, but you’re a **** KT 😉 Case proven.

5lab

the last soul picture is a concept car.

willard

If that point is to make people feel ill with the very sight of the ugly thing then yes, it has a point. Otherwise why???

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I know what the real one looks like, but I still like it. But then again I like this.

easyrider
    Free Member

A Q7 looks like a jelly mould

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

aye, sorry, it’s the windows that I remember – the angles are just wrong. And surely, as long as the car works it can’t really be called pointless; at the very worst the x6 could be called impractical (and totally gopping)

5lab

an x6 is fairly practical though. not as much as an x5, but more so than any coupe, and a whole load of 4 door cars

BoardinBob

I disagree with your statement : Most drug dealers are, in fact, wimps.

Now the statement ‘Most members of the SAS are not wimps’ is a fact.

You must be buying your drugs from the wrong people. The guys I deal with carry machine guns. Mind you, I only buy 100 kilos at a time. Different ball game altogether.

Gary_M
    Free Member

at the very worst the x6 could be called impractical (and totally gopping

Yes ugly, in my opinion, but why is it impractical? Carries x number of people in comfort, I don’t think it’s purpose is do do more than that.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

sorry, when I said ‘impractical’ I meant in the sense of ‘impractical for daylight use because it’s blindingly hideous and you’d be ashamed to take it out in public’

– being serious, I have nothing against the X6 apart from its looks, and though I’ve never driven one I’m sure it’s lots of fun overtaking people in a storm-trooper helmet 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Yes! More Kia Soul hatred. Thank you.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Is there a more pointless car than the BMW X6?’ is closed to new replies.