Is there a more pointless car than the BMW X6?

Home Forum Chat Forum Is there a more pointless car than the BMW X6?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)
  • Is there a more pointless car than the BMW X6?
  • I just can’t work out what they’re for.

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

porsche cayenne?

I feel a pattern forming here.

Premier Icon JAG
    Subscriber

There is only one reason….

….to make money from people who are to bloody awkward to buy any other vehicle that BMW make! ๐Ÿ˜†

It is a daft car in my opinion ๐Ÿ™„

Well, I can sort of see a niche for the X1, but the X6 is plain crazy. A coupe/SUV hybrid?

The new Mini Coupe has to be up there too.

Both fugly cars.

MarkBrewer

X1, X3, X5, X6, all totally pointless cars ๐Ÿ˜†

IHN

They are quite stupendously ugly.

Premier Icon cr500dom
    Subscriber

As a mate of mine says….. “just like a Focus on Steroids”

They do an M-version too <fx> Facepalm </fx>

Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the car that proves the Germans have a sense of humour….. seriously good fun, 2+ tonnes of metal should not move that quickly short of falling off a cliff !

andrewh

G-Wizz is the only thing that comes close in the pointlessness stakes.
    [EDIT] Beaten to it[EDIT] Any journey with a car that can’t go more than 20miles (remember you have to get back too!) with no luggage space must be better by bike.

Porsche Cayenne Turbo is the car that proves the Germans have a sense of humour….. seriously good fun, 2+ tonnes of metal should not move that quickly short of falling off a cliff !

This is argueably more pointless but does look great fun
    At least it can go off-road too. Probably better at charging accross deserts than picking it’s way through a ofrrest mind.

si-wilson

i quite like the X6, looks like a storm trooper.

wrecker

The X6 is a proper wankerwagon for sure.

C’mon – this is every single last bit as ugly.

MarkBrewer

Theres loads more of these too!

konabunny

Probably better at charging accross deserts than picking it’s way through a ofrrest mind.

It didn’t seem to work out that way for ex-owners Uday Hussein and Saaf Gaddafi, both of whom failed to charge across deserts away from their eventual captors…

PeterPoddy

Take a decent, modern looking car
    Jack it up
    Make it eat lard for a few months

warton

have you seen the 5 series GT?

that is one wierd car…

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

There’s this

Which seems to have managed to hit those few branches on the ugly tree that even the X6 missed.

5 series seems similar-ish to the Merc R 350. Not exactly hateful, just really really weird and specific.
    Can’t decide if it’s totally pointless or in fact very useful for the really specific role of a big, sort of estate, sort of soft – roader, which is also incredibly luxurious and fast. Odd.

willard

I don’t know really… The Austin Ambassador always struck me as pretty pointless. Take a genuinely shit car and make a luxury version, basically spraypainting a turd silver and dousing it in cheap aftershave. Still a turd, just a turd for people that wanted the impression of something expensive.

At least you could argue that the X6 is useful for … Nope. Not really got a good answer to that.

maxlite

First time I’ve seen that Mini Cooper………..yuck.

What was once a great design (the original Mini) now trashed by the Germans ๐Ÿ˜‰

randomjeremy

Ever notice these “pointless” or “stupid” car threads are always about cars the OP and subsequent posters can’t afford?

ijs445ra

Nissan Juke i gag everytime i see one of the pointless pieces of p1sh.

warton

randomjeremy – Member
    Ever notice these “pointless” or “stupid” car threads are always about cars the OP and subsequent posters can’t afford?

I’ll have you know I can easily afford an Austin Ambassador

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Who says we can’t afford them (or already own one of the cars posted already…)

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

@randomjeremy – that’s one hell of an assumption sir.

randomjeremy

@thepurist – maybe, but I’d be willing to wager a pretty penny it’s true ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon v8ninety
    Subscriber

Take an MX5, remove everything good about it, whilst working hard to keep the bad bits, and what do pu have? A Suzuki X90

justatheory

Maybe, but at least give us filthy proles something to aspire to.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

The Austin Ambassador always struck me as pretty pointless.

If you’re going there, then what about the Allegro VdP?

Anybody want a bet that random owns an X6 (because he likes to show everybody he can afford it – even though it’s actually on HP which he’s struggling to meet the payments for).

ijs445ra

If you could afford and did own one, would you admit to owning any of the above?

Mister P

OK not a production model but still pretty pointless –

Premier Icon thepurist
    Subscriber

@randomjeremy – OK, a quick search finds X6s starting at 25-26K. I’d wager there’s a good few of us on this thread who could afford that if we chose to.. if we lost all sense of taste and decency that is.

easyrider

It’s much cheaper to get a replacement dick than an X6!

randomjeremy – Member

As the 6th Duke of Westminster, I’ll have to respectfully disagree ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon v8ninety
    Subscriber

randomjeremy – Member

interesting point, but is it not because when the ridiculous cars are ‘high value’ it exacerbates the daftness many fold?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Is there a more pointless car than the BMW X6?’ is closed to new replies.