Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is there a lovely person going to the Tour of Ben Nevis?(Favour required please)
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Hello lovely folks of STW.

I am up in the Highlands for a week, finishing at TdBN on Saturday.

Currently up near Cromarty and rode at Learnie yesterday when my rear hub died. Got two front wheels with me, but only one rear so riding curtailed for now.

I won’t be heading home prior to Ben Nevis to collect another, there doesn’t seem to a Chris King dealer with a spare axle this side of Edinburgh and it’s not worth buying a whole new wheel for a few hours use, and I already have plenty of wheels, just a long way away.

Does anyone who will be at the race, or who live sin Fort William, have a wheel I could borrow for the event please?

It’s a 29″ with a QR axle and 10 speed Shimano cassette. The rotor is a 160mm 6-bolt. I can provide my own cassette, brake disc if it’s not centre-lock and tyre so I won’t wear-out your consumables.

There is beer in it for whoever helps out.

Alternatively, anyone in Inverness, Fort Augustus or Fort William got a QR Chris King ISO rear axle for sale or lending?

Holiday not going great so far, mechanically anyway, spent most of Sunday laying in a puddle underneath the van trying to fix a starter motor which turned out not to be broken…

Thanks 🙂

scotroutes

Try at Nevis Cycles. They do bike hire so might be able to provide a suitable loan wheel.

andrewh
    Free Member

Cheers. Will ping them a message.

Wonder if hire bikes still have QR wheels or if they are all a bit more modern nowadays?

scotroutes

I’m pretty sure the Trek hardtails they rent out are QR.

Tell them that Colin from Ticket To Ride sent you and that they’ve to look after you 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Emailed them yesterday, they replied today, gave them a ring and it seems all sorted.

Very helpful on first impressions. Collecting wheel tomorrow.

Cheers.

stevious

Nevis Cycles are great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is there a lovely person going to the Tour of Ben Nevis?(Favour required please)’ is closed to new replies.