Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is there a 'knackered' virus (human, not computer) going about?
  • augustuswindsock

I've been absolutely goosed for about ten days now, slightly dicky tummy, but mainly extreme lethargy, legs like jelly, done absolutely no biking or anything, is there something going about or is it just me?

Admiralable
    Free Member

Welcome to a british summer

brakes
    Free Member

seasonal affective disorder
    I get it every season

MrNutt
    Free Member

I've been practicing the art of spontaneous food ejection, I'm quite proficient at it now!

molgrips
    Free Member

There was last year I think.

I reckon there are loads of viruses that just make you feel a bit off, but no-one ever discovers them because no-one goes to the doctor about it.

augustuswindsock

bakes, isn't 'sad' supposed to be in the winter? I know it's not the bestest summer we've ever had but…

hora
    Free Member

bakes means the summer solstice-types

I know what you mean OP- I've felt depressed/down for a week now. Zero energy.

Even in the gym sauna last night I couldnt be bothered to breathe in when a couple of girls walked in.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It WAS the best Summer in ages then it all went so wrong. Maybe we're just all upset?!

D0NK

Whatever it is I've got it. Legs like jelly and my riding mojo has departed. It's gonna take some serious willpower to go out riding tonight.

DezB
    Free Member

I had something identical to your symptoms about a week ago. Completely went off food and I'm normally a pig.
    Only lasted 2 days though.

augustuswindsock

Ah well hora, it's nice to know I'm not alone, wouldn't be so bad if I could just veg out in front of the tellybox but there's a four year old and a 20 month old who don't get that dad just can't be @rsed!!!

hora
    Free Member

Theres your problem. You could also be suffering mild temporary-depression.

I've got a newborn and hes doing my head in. Im used to sleeping 10-6.30. Since he came along though its sporadic.

GrahamS

hora: aye i'm just coming through the other side of that with a three and a half month old. She was awake every two hours for a feed – which was taking us nearly an hour to do.

It does get better eventually!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I'm feeling rough as a dog but not off my food – just cant concentrate or move around that much without feeling knackered.

Daffy

If you've had any kind of virus through the summer a PVI (post Viral Infection) can knock you for 6 for months to come.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was really rough, and crap at riding for about a year after swine flu went around…

hora
    Free Member

It does get better eventually!

Hes just spent 10minutes playing with a Twirl silver foil wrapper (obviously I made sure the wrapper didnt go near is mouth)… toys don't come cheaper than this 😀

lyons
    Free Member

I felt similar a few weeks back, but also got a rash! Feel fine now…

BluePalomino
    Free Member

augustuswindsock -me too. no energy, knackered but cant sleep well. nauseous. can't be arsed. Also have 2 month old baby. Doc says it's the dad's version of post-natal depression. I was blaming the tory/lib dems. 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep ive been the same for 2 weeks now…. i started with the stomach thing -real gripey pain feeling or wanting to be sick very lathargic…got over that then 2 days later my daughter passed some hurendous cough cold flu thing on to me.. aching neck, banging head continuosly -sore throat bunged up…feel like shite..so yeah ruddy great bug going around at the moment… i dread winter coming on if its this bad now…grrrrrr pass the lemsip please … even panadol wont shift my banging headache….
    its evil sickness 👿 😈 infact i look green but not smiling :mrgreen:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is there a 'knackered' virus (human, not computer) going about?’ is closed to new replies.