Is there a justifiable complaint here? New bike content!

Home Forum Bike Forum Is there a justifiable complaint here? New bike content!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Is there a justifiable complaint here? New bike content!
  • bikeneil

“price and spec subject to change” would come up I imagine. Unless the shop told you it had guides before you bought it though…

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Full length outers cable tied to the frame. Plus as above.

Sorry.

Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

They didn’t explicitly tell me but I was chatting with the guy whilst in the shop prior to paying and I said that I really like the fact that I could upgrade it to geared as it has the cable guides, I didn’t think to actually check it though.

Subscriber

Hadn’t though about full length outers. Good idea, it will do, just not as neat.

You never now, I may love SS so much I may never want to put gears on it!

taxi25

If you don’t want to return it, what result would you expect out of making a complaint ???

andyl

if it said in the specs that it had cable guides then I would say you had a leg to stand on but going on a photo which may be a pre-production model is not a good idea 🙁

Subscriber

I went on the photo and also the review in Singletrack!

Fair point about not really knowing what I want. It just bugs me a bit when things are not sold as you expect.

Subscriber

Stick on ones will be fine to support full length outes which seems to be the way to go. Website shows bike with cable stops though.

Hey ho, bigger things in life to worry about. After all, I have just got a new bike that I don’t really need, I just wanted it so still happy!

Subscriber

Finally picked up my new bike today having ordered it into store.

The bike is a Cannondale single speed, this one in fact

New bike clicky

One the things I liked about it was the frame still has cable guides if you want to put a rear mech or Alfine hub on. You can see these guides on the photo on Cannondales site and also the image used on the bike shop site. I always planned to ride SS then build onto the frame over time.

So, got the bike today and no guides. I still love the bike and don’t want to return it but it is not as expected and limits my options for upgrading in the future.

What do you reckon, grounds for complaint and what should I expect as a result?

b r

Streuth, you bought a SS?

That’ll be fun for the climbs 😉

Subscriber

Only £600 plus the additional c2w savings, seemed rude not to really.

stumpy01

I’d check whether it should have them or not. Perhaps you just got one that sneaked through the quality control procedures?

Subscriber

I’d check whether it should have them or not. Perhaps you just got one that sneaked through the quality control procedures?

Anyone else got the same bike, do you have cable stops?

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

My unusable bottle mounts were put on my frame by accident according to Santa Cruz USA so maybe they just forgot to put them on.

meehaja

always worth a mention, you might get a sympathy sticker or something. maybe some spare pads or something

IanMunro

If it’s any consolation had it come with those cable stops I don’t think you’d find them usable with Alfine.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Is there a justifiable complaint here? New bike content!’ is closed to new replies.