Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • is there a good bodge to fit my hope vision 2 light to my 25.4 bars?
  • racefaceec90

have recently bought a lovely new charge duster mid bike.the problem is,that it has the smaller diameter bars (were 31.8 on the anthem).the mount is way too big for the new bars.have tried using some rubber pieces that were in the hope box (but they are way too thin.am thinking about using a piece of cloth (wrapping it round the bar).sorry to be such a numpty.thanks in advance 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Try a Hope dealer, they can order the correct rubber spacers for your bars, maybe even borrow them from a stock set of lights to save you waiting.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Just neatly wrap electrical tape round the bars.

honourablegeorge

My original hope lights came with a set of aluminium spacers for exactly that purpose. Pretty sure I still have them.

Drop a mail to my username at gmail and I can stick them in the post if I can find them

jimc101
    Free Member

Mine from about 2 years ago came with 2 sets of rubber inserts for the mount, just a case of swapping them depending on which bars I’m using.

racefaceec90

thanks for the replies everyone.the shop where i got the lights is ordering me a new mount.to be honest was just impatient to want to go for a night ride 😉 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

wrap a bit of old inner tube round the bars and clamp onto that….

GW
    Free Member

stick it on your head, bar mounted lights ae only any good for road bikes.

parkesie
    Free Member

hope stem with face plate works a treat.Bit more expensive that insulation tape though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘is there a good bodge to fit my hope vision 2 light to my 25.4 bars?’ is closed to new replies.