Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is there a doctor in the house?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

This morning I woke up choking on my stomach juices, the third time this month. A quick wurdle on the internet reveals that it’s not too dooming but I’m also feeling slightly light-headed, a sort of mild disconnection with the world. Is it worth trying to get an appointment with my should’ve retired years ago GP or should I wait to see what happens next?

philconsequence
    Free Member

tapeworm AIDs

i blame binners.

if you’re not confident in your doc.. is there a walk in clinic anywhere near you?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No. I’ve used the local A&E in the past for acute matters in the past. I’m feeling a bit nauseasous at the moment…

philconsequence
    Free Member

can you identify any eating patterns that might be causing it? i know its a bit silly an obvious but for it took 2 incidents of waking up feeling like my stomach was eating itself to realise i shouldnt try cider if offered.

maybe give nhs direct a quick buzz and let them tell you about any services in your area that could allow you to avoid your GP 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Sounds like oesophageal reflux of some kind, few different causes. THe light headedness is spending too much time on here.

The first thing you can try to ease the symptoms are Rennies; they will stop the acidy bit from being acid, **but will not address the underlying cause **.

Next steps up will be Gaviscon, Losec type things, but see important starred bit above.

wwaswas

you’ll be fine;

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve had a lie down for a while and feel slightly better, though my knees feel weak and achey. I think I may have picked up a virus as the last time I felt this bad I was admittted to A&E for a spell.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

can you identify any eating patterns that might be causing it?

8 pints last night!

You have a hangover. Give it 24/48 hours, depending on your age, and you’ll be reet.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

No no doctors here ……move along !

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member

AIDs

PMSL

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im a Gynaecologist, im not qualified but i’ll have a look at it for you.

scaredypants

I’m not a gynaecologist and therefore presumably eminently qualified

I believe you have a uterine prolapse

fontmoss
    Free Member

see your GP, old fart or not

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is there a doctor in the house?’ is closed to new replies.