Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Is there a carpet equivalent of DeadlyDarcy/Trout on here?
  • bearnecessities

..because I want someone to just simply tell me if this is decent (it’s for the 60 with 1900g/m2 or whatever, in a greyish colour)

I like it, felt nice, in an 80/20 mix, and it SAYS heavy domestic, but I can hardly find any reference to it on the internet and I’m disappearing down a rabbit hole of carpet buying guides now as I’ve nothing to compare it to – something that I’d be really grateful if someone could save me from. I’ve already spent today just googling leading/trailing edge dimmers and which sockets to buy 🙂

*It’s a fitted price, with underlay – and extra £2.50 for cloud 9 but as I’m having 50sqm done in the same colour, and as the house is an easy an install as you could wish for, I’m planning some gentlemanly haggling to get that knocked off.

Thanks

bearnecessities

Not-very-hopeful bump 🙂

bearnecessities

Well it appears there is a topic that STW doesn’t have an expert on.

I’ll lube-up for the carpet man on Saturday then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dooosuk
    Free Member

By the cloud9 underlay of eBay. £40 or £45 for a roll/15sqm when I last bought cumulus (11mm).

No idea on the carpet though, we just bought one the carpet man recommended for our usage in the right colour.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Hi bear, I work for a flooring manufacturer both resilient and textile. This is a good carpet for domestic use, for reference a commercial carpet for an office can have a pile weight from around 500g/m2

Wool however will soak up spills so be careful with kids and drinks etc

molgrips
    Free Member

I could do with carpet advice.

The only carpets in our house are two lots of hall, stairs and landing. The living room is on the first floor so there’s about 10x more stair traffic than a normal house. We’d like the toughest possible carpet, but there’s also snacks and drinks and stuff being carried upstairs so there’s also chance of spillage.

Open to alternative floor coverings too but the likes of sisal seem to be discouraged for stairs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Is there a carpet equivalent of DeadlyDarcy/Trout on here?’ is closed to new replies.