Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Is there a better biscuit for dunking than the humble ginger nut?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Discuss.

The only downside that I can think of is that if you do more than about 12 in one sitting you start to hallucinate.

IHN

Is there a better biscuit for dunking than the humble ginger nut?

Nope.

The only downside that I can think of is that if you do more than about 12 in one sitting you start to hallucinate it makes me need a poo.

slackalice
    Free Member

McVities Rich Tea. 😀

Pieface

Malted Milk

ton

i miss chocolate hobnobs……….some days i hate the idiet…. 🙁

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Chocolate hob nobs! Just one won’t hurt Tony 😉

Or a close second, those butter crunch cream things. I could eat a whole packet of them easily…

tutgareth
    Free Member

No Ginger nuts here. It has to be the supreme chocolate digestive for me! though dunking for long epriods can cause delamination and the inevitable spoon usage to retrieve the remains from your brew!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Dunking? Pah!

Stroopwafels FTW!

wors

A nice plain digestive FTW!

_tom_
    Free Member

Hob nobs, although ginger nuts get an honorable mention.

franksinatra

Yes there is. Tea was invented for McVitties Rich Tea biscuits to be dunked into.

Custard Creams are worth a mention to for their noble effort, in particular how they tend not to break mid dunk.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Chocolate hob-nob.

Ginger-nuts are eating with a glass of milk.

irelanst
    Free Member

Stroopwafels FTW!

The deli down the road from us does dark chocolate covered stroopwafels, heart attack food no doubt, but dipped into tea they are the food of the gods.

footflaps

patriotpro
    Free Member

The deli down the road from us

Same near me, it has a big blue n yellow Lidl sign outside 😛

SaxonRider

I entirely agree with the description of the fabulous ginger nut.

The only thing is, I find ginger nuts here to be less ‘spicy/ginger-y’ than the ones I used to get in Canada, so it takes longer for the hallucinations to start.

IHN

Stroopwafels FTW!

Well lah-dee-effing-dah. Listen ‘ere, you raving metrosexual, we’re talking about good old proper biscuits for dunking in good old proper tea. We’ll have none of that foreign muck.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

It has to be the chocolate hob nob.
    Good resistance to dunking, no messy sludge at the bottom of your cup, lovely oat biscuit & chocolate…
    Why did I read this thread? Working at home & having to wait until 5 when I allow myself a couple of biscuits, yet biscuits are there in the cupboard waiting for me.
    Might have to console myself with a spin on the bike & push some work back to this evening.

Hohum
    Free Member

Mmmm, bourbons, yummy!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Malted milk or better still Sports Biscuits, the enduro dunker award goes to the caramel digestive.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gnutz RULE!!

tonyd

Custard Cream
    Malted Milk
    Butter Crunch (non cream)

God I’m hungry!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

dark chocolate hobnobs are the finest dunking biscuit ever

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The trusty shortie also worthy of an honourable mention.

camo16
    Free Member

I distrust anyone whose favourite biscuit is Rich Tea. These are the people, I imagine, who enjoy chowing down on cardboard and licking roof tiles. People, biscuits are supposed to have a taste!

Ginger Nuts – the man’s dunker of choice. 😉

I will, in extremis, dunk a hob nob, but the timeline between not sufficiently dunked and soggy as hell is too short for my liking.

alanf
    Free Member

Ginger nut, rich tea, digestive, hob nob are all quality dunkers.

for a slightly left of centre contribution I give you the cheddar!

Something about the salty cheesyness is quite satisfying being dunked in a good brew…

wilko1999
    Free Member

Its close at the top, Ginger Nuts are my ‘go to’ dunkers, but I have to say that my favourite’s are Foxs Viennese Melts. One for the connoisseur!

votchy
    Free Member

Ginger Nuts, held back to back are equally awesome with both tea and also a glass of nice cold milk, so nice in fact that doing more than 12 is mandatory…

Harry_the_Spider

for a slightly left of centre contribution I give you the cheddar!

Dunking a Cheddar!

I thought such an action would result in the end on the world, like when Ghostbusters “cross their streams”.

camo16
    Free Member

Cheddar does not benefit from beverage immersion IMO, but it does benefit from lashings of blackcurrant jam.

It’s an excellent combo I learned in my student days – like marmite sandwiches and ribena.

sputnik
    Free Member

My favourite

alanf
    Free Member

I know the cheddar will seem like a huge mistake to anyone with any knowledge of confectionery immersion.

It first happened in a cuppa soup and rapidly progressed to a good old brew.
    However, any lingering in the fluid will result in catastrophic integrity failure and a sludgy residue at the end of the cup…
    It took me a while to master the ‘dunk time’ but once achieved, satisfaction will be reached.

EDIT: This is tea without sugar, only milk – I cannot confirm results in a sweetened beverage

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Is there a better biscuit for dunking than the humble ginger nut?’ is closed to new replies.