Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • is the Ragley 5mm wiser riser bar actually a flat bar?
  • Markie
    Free Member

I’d like to buy a Ragley Wiser flat bar as seen here (at 2.23 for the close to terminally bored).

Now I’m guessing that this bar at Chain Reaction is the flat one as per the above video, CR’s picture not withstanding. The proper risers are here.

Any confirmation? My rational for calling a 5mm riser bar a flat bar comes from the below diagram, taken from this page.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

yes and no

Markie
    Free Member

Yes it’s the flat bar but no it’s not a riser? Great (I so hope I’ve understood your answer correctly)!

It’s CR’s description of it as a riser bar that put me off, that diagram just explained to me why they might have done so – I’d agree it’s a nonsense!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trickydisco
    Free Member

It’s strange because none of the pictures of the bars look like the one in the video. (and Ed calls it a flat bar.. I haven’t seen any of the ‘wiser’ bars described as flat)

miketually
    Free Member

All bars are narrower in the grip/control area that at the clamp. The narrowing on the ‘flat’ bar is done in one direction, meaning the centre of the grip area is 5mm higher than it would be otherwise.

On the bike, it’ll look like a flat bar, but actually has a little rise.

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks miketually.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘is the Ragley 5mm wiser riser bar actually a flat bar?’ is closed to new replies.