Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Is the Rab Vapour Rise . . .
  • chipster

. . . still the “go to” lightweight jacket?
    It seems that it ticks all the boxes I need, but are there any others I should be looking at?
    TIA

matt_outandabout

What for?

I love VR and Montane’s equivalent – ace bits of kit, that I had as staff uniform issue for years. If I didn’t have a Montane Dyno, I would buy one tomorrow.

Black Diamond do some as well – I think some are on sale at present.

Shackleton

Almost every decent outdoor clothing brand does one now. I prefer mountain hardware or montane dyno as they fit me the best.

Haglofs are good if you are skinny, arcteryx if you are rich. Also see patagonia , mountain equipment, etc.

angeldust
    Free Member

The vapour-rise ‘lite’ is particularly good for biking and sweaty activities (still winter only though). Std version is really quite warm.

jam-bo

Haglofs are good if you are skinny, arcteryx if you are rich. Also see patagonia , mountain equipment, etc.

Worth a check to see which sizes you fit in for which brand. Amazed recently that I fit in an arcteryx small which are always the sizes that get discounted. Brings them down to reasonable prices.

chipster

It’ll mainly get used as a day to day coat through the colder months. It won’t see much mountain action, after a weeks holiday in the Lake District, in a couple of weeks time.
    Edit: I’m big boned, so I won’t bother looking at the Arcteryx, ta.

matt_outandabout

If you are big boned, then Patagonia and Black Diamond are ‘american’ in fit.

jam-bo

im 85kg and 5’10. I fit in a small beta lt jacket….

chipster

OK, folks, it looks like I’ll be going to Ellis Brigham tomorrow.
    Thanks for all the ideas.

chipster

Update. Ellis Brigham were low on stock of most stuff, as were Cotswold Outdoor. I ended up going into George Fisher in Keswick. Bought an Arcteryx softshell in XL.
    I’m now even less rich than I was.
    Nice jacket, though. 8)
    Cheers folks.

footflaps

My VR is my goto autumn/ winter DIY/gardening top, so full of snags from tools / brambles…

noltae
    Free Member

I recommend Schoeller 3XDRY

epicyclo

I love my VR. My wife complains that I don’t wear anything else for half the year. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Is the Rab Vapour Rise . . .’ is closed to new replies.