Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Is the new classifieds forum hardly used or am I only seeing some of the posts?
  • Andy

Oh and whilst we are at it the “BROWSE REVIEWS” shortcuts seem to be corrupting the search function – cant see anywhere else to provide this feedback….

scotroutes

Interesting. I just went over to have a nosey and found the Mojo that’s been there for a couple of months already.  The owner appears never to have posted on the forum. At over £4k I’d be looking for some sort of history.

tripsterpete
    Free Member

New one sucks

russyh
    Free Member

The owner appears never to have posted on the forum. At over £4k I’d be looking for some sort of history.

Didnt thay bike bike start out at £5500! Wonder why it remained unsold for a couple of months even now it look bloody expensive to me!

toby

I quite like it. I like the fact that it’s broken down into categories, so I can find parts I want, and I much prefer the way that everything has a consistent picture.

But, I think that the ads disappearing so quickly is awful, it feels half empty most of the time, and gone are the days of an occasional payday browse, you need to keep a very close eye on it.

I’m also not entirely sold on the every listing having a photo, yes I know one man’s “great condition” can be another’s “fit for the bin”, but I know what an XT brake disc looks like – it looks like every other XT brake disc!

But yes, a “latest” without the same boosted ads being at the top for months on end would be a great improvement.

Also, clicking on the photos really, really should link through to the ad. Gets me every time…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Its not that user friendly for sure.

al2000

I thought it looked decent initially, but boosted ads completely break it from a browsing POV.

Maybe change the boost functionality so it works more like PB repost?

therealthing
    Free Member

It’s shite.  It’s almost as if it serves no financial purpose for STW, so they hope if the new interface is bad enough, everyone will stop using it, and they will no longer need to support it….

medlow
    Free Member

I never use the new one. Not a fan of the categories and the fact that is not taken off so does not have much on.

I open the old one every other day and skim down the list quickly.

And I can spot something I’m after pretty quick from the descriptions, takes 1min max,.

I do not see what the new one adds and I like the text based simplicity of the old one.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

I have to say, since the forum update stopped you being able to search the For Sale/Wanted forums properly, I pretty much don’t use either the old or new Classifieds here now.  The Pinkbike BuySell is an exemplary example of exactly how it should be done…  “Ooooh, I wonder what 650B Enduro bikes in Large are out there under a grand with “160mm” and “Lyriks” as keywords” – there you go, a 2017 Commencal Meta AM V3 in orange in Stroud.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

I’ve just seen the post in the FS forum that both the FS and wanted sections will be closing shortly.  Thats one more nail in the coffin for this forum

scotroutes

I’m sure it’s only coincidental that the closure of the current forums was announced after this thread popped up.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s only coincidental that the closure of the current forums was announced after this thread popped up.

Lolz….

chakaping
    Free Member

idiotdogbrain – yeah PB is great but partly because it has the biggest MTB userbase outside of ebay

both the FS and wanted sections will be closing shortly. Thats one more nail in the coffin for this forum

Shame about that, you’d hope they might read this thread and take note of some of the great feedback included.

New products don’t always work out as hoped and it’s not always wise to double-down if they don’t get off to a good start.

scotroutes

Shame about that, you’d hope they might read this thread and take note of some of the great feedback included.

Are you new here?

(TBF, we don’t know they haven’t)

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you new here?

I’m just being diplomatic, having worked in digital media for almost 20 years I know I’d have killed for this kind of considered feedback from invested users on some products I’ve managed.

I also know I made a few mistakes by sticking with “plan A” when there were clear signs it wasn’t gonna fly, just because I wanted it to or didn’t have the experience to spot the issues.

Anyway, enough rambling. Let’s see shall we.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I’ve commented on the sticky thread, counting down to when I get told off or banned or something. 😂

cooie

No use, they’ve obviously made their minds up 🙁

bruneep

FFS this site is disappearing up its own arse. It appears the majority don’t like it but we’ll close the more popular one instead.

Is maybot in charge of things there! 🤡

pondering if it’s worth renewing my P now

Drac

Maybe it prompted them but it has always been the plan.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-weve-launched-a-bespoke-classifieds-system/

I’ve commented on the sticky thread, counting down to when I get told off or banned or something. 😂

russyh
    Free Member

Well I just resubsscibed as part of a birthday present.  In fact I got a free gift yesterday I wasn’t expecting.  Some weird arse cream? Not sure what I’m going to do with it to be honest probably give it to a roadie friend.  But one thing is for sure if the classified/wanted forums go it will be the last renewal unless something miraculous happens to the new shit system!

bruneep

how much for the arse cream?

russyh
    Free Member

I will list it for sale on pinkbike or eBay. 😉 I can’t be arsed using the new system.

russyh
    Free Member

Bizarrely it would appear the overpriced Ibis Mojo has been removed….someone obviously cleaning up the classifieds a bit

cooie

I will list it for sale on pinkbike or eBay. 😉 I can’t be arsed using the new system.

This 🙁

bruneep

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>russyh
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

<span class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>Posted 22 minutes ago </span></div>

<div></div>
    <div>this also</div>

sigh…..

.🙄

Drac

<div class=”st-topic-reply “>
    <div class=”loop-item-24 user-id-8651 bbp-parent-forum-180315 bbp-parent-topic-10344804 bbp-reply-position-65 odd post-10346296 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”><span class=”bbp-admin-links”>EDIT | MOVE | SPLIT | TRASH | SPAM | UNAPPROVE | REPLY | REPORT | <label for=”toggle-10346296″><span class=”expand”><span class=”changeArrow arrow-dn”>MORE</span></span></label></span>
    <div class=”fieldsetContainer-10346296″></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”st-topic-reply “>
    <div id=”post-10346314″ class=”bbp-reply-header”>
    <div class=”bbp-meta”></div>
    </div>
    <div class=”loop-item-25 user-id-90 bbp-parent-forum-180315 bbp-parent-topic-10344804 bbp-reply-position-66 even post-10346314 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Premier Iconbruneep
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>russyh
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<span class=”bbp-reply-post-date”>Posted 22 minutes ago </span></div>

<div></div>
    <div>this also</div>

sigh…..

.🙄

</div>
    </div>
    </div>

😳

russyh
    Free Member

The sad irony of your last post Brunneep filled with forum edit and posting software faults!  <div> or should that be <divvy>

bruneep

Drac

You missed my point Bruneep.

bruneep

nah don’t think.i did.  stw towers seem to miss everyones point but it’s their site to implode as they see fit.

I could’ve quoted you again, to show the failings of the forum bit we all know what they are but nothing ever gets done. apart from giving us some thing no one wants.

hey ho

tjagain

nah don’t think.i did. stw towers seem to miss everyones point but it’s their site to implode as they see fit.

I could’ve quoted you again, to show the failings of the forum bit we all know what they are but nothing ever gets done. apart from giving us some thing no one wants.

hey ho

Straight copy and paste of the text only then highlight and quote from the buttons above.  2 steps rather than the simply “reply with quote that you usually do on forums and  no way of saying who the quote is from as far as I can see without manually typing in the [ quote = “bruneep” ] etc

Will it be full of extraneous stuff?

tjagain

No its not but its still a long way for a shortcut

Drac

nah don’t think.i did.  stw towers seem to miss everyones point but it’s their site to implode as they see fit.

Exactly you did miss my point as my reply did just that hence the embarrassed emoji. Still at least you got to post a gif.

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe I should set up a classifieds on my temp forum what i created 😁

Now what was the address again…

chakaping
    Free Member

It was all nice and civil ’til the mod turned up, eh?

bikecurious
    Free Member

Just here tojump on the old ones good. New ones bad train.

bruneep

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Drac
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

Exactly you did miss my point as my reply did just that hence the embarrassed emoji. Still at least you got to post a gif.

</div>

No I didn’t, but you obviously know my thoughts so what the point in me explaining to you ….and do you know how hard it is to post an image/gif from a mobile. Another issue that’s never been fixed

squirrelking
    Free Member

About time it’s changing over TBH. I’m one of the people for them, as soon as it’s populated better and people get over actually being able to fins a specific item instead of browsing endless pages of cryptic subject lines I’m sure nobody will be bothered. Except the people who moan for moanings sake of course.

Drac

do you know how hard it is to post an image/gif from a mobile

Copy link, paste. Done.

No I didn’t, but you obviously know my thoughts so what the point in me explaining to you

Ah so you knew after all that I agree some areas are still broke and it’s embarrassing. Not sure the monkey Gif made that clear though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Is the new classifieds forum hardly used or am I only seeing some of the posts?’ is closed to new replies.