Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is the Howies Chevron bag waterproof?
  • sc-xc

Anyone use one of these for the commute? Waterproof, or worth looking at something else?

(Don’t want a rucksack)

Ta

MoreCashThanDash

I’m glad you asked, I was thinking of asking Santa for one!

Ambrose

Mine (2007 model) is made of a very heavy duty waterproof material. There is a very big lid/ flap that secures with buckles and velcro. However the stitching is not taped, nor are the zips anything other than normal zips, so in biblical rain some very minor seepage could happen.

I do not use mine to commute with, just to tote stuff about as my work bag. It has had a few drenchings though and to date I have no complaints about it.

STATO
    Free Member

Ive got the original version of this (10yrs old now, yikes!) and its pretty water proof, used it pretty infrequently tho so its not exactly worn out. Used it today to transport laptop to/from work/uni/home in a bad downpour and nothing got wet. The flap fabric is very reflective and waterproof, the main bag material seems to be quite waterproof, its quite thick, tho im sure it would probably soak in eventually in a prolonged downpour. Main issue obviously is the fact the lid is just a flap, so you can get rain in if you stuff lots in the bag, a laptop, jacket and some files is easilly swallowed tho so not had any water issues as yet.

The problem i have is the zip on the flap of mine is quite poor and breaks often, also, put a laptop in it and its quite uncomfortable, not padded enough (but then i cant get comfy using a courier bag anyway, how/why do people use these things? honest question! any tips?)

sc-xc

Hmmm. It’s a toss up between this and the Chrome Citizen…I need waterproof though. Like the reflectiveness of the Howies….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is the Howies Chevron bag waterproof?’ is closed to new replies.